This homemade ketchup tastes just like the real deal without any sugar or preservatives.
I'm no stranger to making my own condiments. In fact, I usually choose to make them myself in order to save money and also to make sure I control what is in them. A lot of store brand ketchup contains some sort of sugar or sweetener. To keep the same consistency without the sugar, I tried some unsweetened apple sauce and it worked like a charm!
For a whole30 option, this homemade ketchup also is a great use for The New Primal classic or spicy marinade.
Check Out: Whole30 Approved Sauces & Marinades
- The New Primal Classic BBQ Sauce
- The New Primal Mustard BBQ
- The New Primal Buffalo Sauce: Medium
- The New Primal Marinade Pack
- 8 oz Fire Roasted Canned Tomatoes
- 3 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp [Apple Cider Vinegar]
- ¼ tsp [Smoked Paprika]
- ½ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos or [The New Primal Classic Marinade]
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and whisk together until fully combined
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until raw tomato flavor is gone.
- Blend in a high speed blender or use immersion blender to smooth out consistency.
- Will last up to 3 weeks in sealed glass container refrigerated.
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer based out of Charleston South Carolina that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.