Air fryer burgers use the air fryer to cook frozen burger patties. Frozen burger patties and other frozen foods are cooked perfect using the air fryer.
SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR RECIPE
I can’t sing the praises of the air fryer enough! It hasn’t always been like this though. As a chef I have so many tools and gadgets that I am very particular about what takes up real estate on my kitchen counter.
The instant pot already won a spot so I didn’t think there was any other way to create room in my heart for an air fryer.
I did a really smart thing and asked for one as a gift. This way, if I didn’t like it I felt less guilty about it sitting in a closet ready to be donated to goodwill.
My husband bought me the cheapest one he could find and as soon as I started using it, I fell in love with its magic.
I LOVE crispy food and I love it fast and this tool was allowing me to do just that with everything. I was even able to get frozen foods up to speed which includes these air fryer burgers.
We definitely love a good grilled burger, but sometimes we don’t want to pull out the grill. And cooking them in a pan creates so much smoke and smells up the house.
Air fryer burgers from frozen takes minimal steps and leaves no smoke or smell in the house. Win win.
How to Cook a Burger in the Air Fryer:
This recipe is for frozen hamburger patties. You can absolutely cook raw hamburgers in the air fryer with a lower cooking time of 12 minutes instead of 15-20 with a frozen hamburger patty.
In your air fryer basket, add frozen hamburgers and close the lid.
Set your air fryer to cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
Flip burger halfway through cooking.
Hamburger is ready to eat when cooking time is up!
Are Air Fryer Burgers Healthy?
Typically when using an air fryer, you are using a very little to no amount of oil to cook your food. In traditional frying, a few cups of oil are needed to cook food.
While hamburgers are typically not deep fried, the air fryer does make a convenient and fast way to cook a burger indoors without much babysitting.
Air fryer’s are great in general for cooking food fast and with little oil. I use the Ninja Foodi all in one Air Fryer and Pressure cooker and highly recommend.
Do not overlap or over-crowd your air fryer basket as it will cause uneven cooking. Make sure your burgers have enough room to lay flat in the air fryer basket.
For easy clean up, add aluminum foil to the bottom of your air fryer basket. This will keep all of the grease from falling down through the grate.
Cooking time largely depends on how thick your burgers are and how much you desire them to be cooked. The cooking range can be from 12-20 minutes depending on your desired level of cooked so be sure to keep checking your burger as it cooks.
Once you’re half way done cooking and burger is flipped, feel free to add hamburger seasonings such as:
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic and Onion Powder
- Liquid Smoke
Air Fryer Burgers
Air Fryer Burgers
- 1-2 Frozen Burger Patties depending on the size of your basket
- Place frozen burger patties on the bottom of the basket making sure not to overcrowd.
- Set your air fryer to cook at 375.
- Cook 15-20 minutes total flipping half way through. (20 minutes will make a well done burger so periodically check for desired temperature!)
- Do not overlap or over-crowd your air fryer basket as it will cause uneven cooking. Make sure your burgers have enough room to lay flat in the air fryer basket.
- For easy clean up, add aluminum foil to the bottom of your air fryer basket. This will keep all of the grease from falling down through the grate.
- Cooking time largely depends on how thick your burgers are and how much you desire them to be cooked. The cooking range can be from 12-20 minutes depending on your desired level of cooked so be sure to keep checking your burger as it cooks.
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.