This quick and easy Air Fryer Pork Meatballs recipe makes a batch of perfect pork meatballs with crisp, golden surfaces and juicy, flavorful centers in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi!
Can you cook pork meatballs in the air fryer? Yes, pork meatballs can easily be cooked in an air fryer or Ninja Foodi in 20 minutes or less! These step-by-step instructions will show you how to assemble ground pork meatballs and how to cook them perfectly in your air fryer.
Ground pork is a delicious and versatile meat that can be used in all sorts of recipes, from pork tacos to pork stir-fry. And pork meatballs are no exception! Made with just a few simple ingredients, pork meatballs are juicy, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion.
🤔Why Make Pork Meatballs In Air Fryer?
- Meatballs are a quick healthy appetizer, a high-protein main course, and perfect for meal prep!
- The ingredients are super simple and can be found anywhere.
- These are great to make and freeze for later.
- Easy to customize the flavor & modify with your dietary lifestyle (keto, paleo, & Whole30!).
🧂 Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ground Pork – You can find ground pork at most grocery stores or at farmers markets.
- Egg – The egg binds everything together while adding moisture.
- Cooking oil – Avocado oil or olive oil for added fat to keep the meatballs moist.
- Breadcrumbs – Use either seasoned or panko breadcrumbs. They can be regular or gluten-free. You can also use homemade bread crumbs.
- Spices & seasonings – Nothing extravagant. Simply salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, so they pair with all of the sauces!
🥣 How To Make Pork Meatballs In Air Fryer
1️⃣ Preheat. Set your air fryer to 375F and let it preheat while you make the meatballs for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣ Combine ingredients. Beat the egg in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Then, add the ground pork, bread crumbs, oil, and dry seasonings. Using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly, but without overmixing!
3️⃣ Roll into balls. Roll the mixture into balls using 1-1½ tablespoons of the mixture per ball. Then, carefully place the pork meatballs in a single layer inside your air fryer basket, leaving space in between each.
4️⃣ Air fry pork meatballs. Set the air fryer to cook for 15 minutes at 375F. Flip the meatballs using tongs at the 7-8 minute mark, then cook for the remaining time. For extra crisped surfaces, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- The meatballs may not hold together if the ground pork is too wet. If there’s too much moisture, you can squeeze the ground meat through cheesecloth before combining it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Be sure not to overwork the meatball mixture. This step can make or break your meatballs.
- Use the same amount of meat mixture per meatball, so they’re the same size, and cook evenly.
- Don’t forget to preheat your air fryer. It helps create the perfect golden crunch.
- Arrange the meatballs in one single layer leaving room in between each. The hot air needs to circulate around every surface.
- To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the middle of a meatball to check that the internal temperature is 165F.
Dry seasoning – For each pound of ground pork, use at least 1 tablespoon of dry seasoning blend.
- Dry Buffalo Seasoning
- Poultry Seasoning
- Dry Ranch Seasoning
- Mushroom Salt
- Thai Curry Spices
- Cajun Seasoning
More Seasoning Ideas
- Sweet & Spicy – To make pork meatballs with a sweet and spicy kick, add 1 teaspoon of sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
- Italian – To make pork meatballs Italian style, add 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley to the pork mixture.
- BBQ – For a fun twist on pork tacos, try making pork BBQ meatballs! To do this, simply add 1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce to the pork mixture.
- Keto – To keep these pork meatballs keto-friendly, use almond flour or pork rinds in place of the breadcrumbs.
- Paleo – To make pork meatballs paleo, use 1/3 cup of tapioca flour or arrowroot flour in place of the breadcrumbs.
- Whole30 – To make pork meatballs Whole30 compliant, use 1/3 cup of coconut flour in place of the breadcrumbs.
🧊 Storing & Freezing
Storing: Let cool and transfer the meatballs to a shallow air-tight container and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, preheat your air fryer to 350F and cook, tossing the basket once or twice, for 4-5 minutes.
Freezing: Make an extra bath or two to freeze for later. Let cool, then set pork meatballs on a baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. Then, transfer the frozen balls to a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze them for 3 months. Frozen pork meatballs can be thawed and reheated directly in a sauce the next time you use them.
How long do I cook pork meatballs in air fryer?
This depends on their size and how hot your air fryer is. A good starting point is to cook for 15 minutes at 375F, flipping them once at the 7-8 minute mark.
Can I make meatballs without breadcrumbs?
Yes! You can use 1/4 cup of almond flour or crushed pork rinds in place of the breadcrumbs to make paleo pork meatballs or pork rinds for keto pork meatballs.
🦃More Air Fryer Meatball Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
- Air Fryer Beef Meatballs
- Air Fryer Beyond Meatballs
- Air Fryer Cranberry Orange Meatballs
- Air Fryer Elk Meatballs
- Air Fryer Venison Meatballs
Air Fryer Pork Meatballs
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs seasoned or panko (regular or gluten-free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Set the air fryer to 375F and let preheat for 3-5 minutes while making the meatballs.
- Add the egg to a large mixing bowl, and beat until smooth. Then, add the ground pork, bread crumbs, oil, and dry seasonings. Using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly, without overmixing.
- Roll the pork mixture into balls using 1-1½ tablespoons each. Then, carefully place the pork meatballs in a single layer at the bottom of the preheated basket, leaving space in between each.
- Set the air fryer to cook for 15 minutes. at 375F.
- At the 7-8 minute mark, flip the meatballs using tongs and cook for the remaining time.
- For extra crisped surfaces, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with tongs and serve hot.