Curry Chicken Wings made in the Instant Pot! Fall-off-the-bone crispy chicken wings pressure cooked, spiced with curry powder and then finished under the broiler. Keto and Whole30, these wings are the perfect snack, entree and game day appetizer. Slow-cooker instructions included.
It should come as no big surprise that I'm back with another chicken wing recipe. If you've been following along, you already know but if you're new ..hi, I'm Val and I am wing-obsessed.
With so many wing flavors to choose from, I could eat wings everyday. One flavor in particular that I'm constantly craving is curry. Owning an Instant Pot helps cure that craving.
Because I figured out a way to make crispy wings with an Instant Pot and the assistance of the oven broiler, so these 3-ingredient crispy curry chicken wings are on repeat in my house.
I love that you can use any type of curry powder to add incredible flavor to crispy wings. I like using madras yellow curry powder. It's aromatic and mild in spice with hints of dry heat. This flavor forward spice blend is a fantastic dry rub for buffalo wings!
💗 Why You'll Love this Recipe
Quick, easy and reliable -achieve melt-in-your mouth tender wings with crispy skins every time.
Forget to pull the wings out? No worries. You can use fresh or frozen wings.
Just 3-ingredients! Wings + Curry Powder + Salt & Pepper.
You can also make these delicious wings in the Crockpot.
🍗 Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken Wings (fresh or frozen) - wings and drumettes.
- Salt & Pepper (to taste) - enhances flavor.
- Curry Powder - I love the deep flavor of yellow curry powders, but you can use any type. There are a wide range of flavors and spice levels including:
- 🔴 Red curry has a balance of spicy and sweet aromas but is more savory than anything else. It's color and flavor come from red chilis.
- 🟡 Yellow curries vary in degree of spiciness but they all have a deep, earthy and warm flavor from spices like cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and clove.
- 🟢 Green curry is the most mild on the heat scale. Its fresh, herbal and earthy flavor comes from cilantro, lime and kaffir lime leaves.
📖 How To Make Instant Pot Curry Chicken Wings
To achieve crispy roasted skins and succulent moist meat, curry chicken wings are first pressure cooked and then broiled. Here's the process:
1️⃣ Prep Instant Pot and wing pieces:
Place trivet in Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water. Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
2️⃣ Pressure cook wings:
Place wings onto the trivet in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and seal the pressure valve. Set Instant Pot to cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes for thawed wings (or 12 minutes for frozen wings). When the time is up, manually release pressure.
4️⃣ Crisp wings:
Arrange seasoned wings in a single-layer on a baking sheet and place under preheated broil for about 5 to 8 minutes or until they skins are firm and crispy.
Serve hot with a cool side of zesty ranch or blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!
👉 Slow Cooker Curry Chicken Wings
Chicken wings can also be slow cooked to tenderize the meat and then broiled until crisp.
1️⃣ Prep Crockpot and wing pieces:
Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the slow cooker. Pour in 1 cup of water.
2️⃣ Slow cook wings:
Cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours or until the meat practically falls right off the bone.
3️⃣ Season wings:
Very carefully transfer wings from slow cooker to a bowl (the meat will be very tender) and gently toss with curry powder and baking powder (if using).
To get slow cooker curry chicken wings crispy, continue with steps 4 and 5 from the Instant Pot directions. Slow cooked wings may take a few minutes longer to get crispy so keep an eye on them.
- Use the trivet. It keeps the wings from being totally submerged in the water and makes it easier to lift them out of the pot.
- Remove wings from Instant Pot (or slow cooker) VERY carefully so the meat does not slide off the bone before taking a trip under the broiler.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
♻️ Storing & Freezing
Storing: Let wings cool to room temperature before placing in an airtight container in the fridge to store for up to 4 days.
Reheating: Place wings on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree preheated oven until wings are re-crisped and warmed through.
Freezing: Wrap cooked chicken tightly in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
Curry Chicken Wings (Instant Pot)
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings wings and drummettes
- 2 tbsp [Curry Powder]
- salt/pepper to taste
- Place the trivet in your instant pot along with one cup of water
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper
- Add wings onto the trivet of the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (cook for 12 minutes if wings frozen)
- Remove wings, pat dry once again and place into a large bowl, toss with curry powder until evenly coated.
- Place wings on a baking sheet and place under broiler for about 5-8 minutes or until they reach desired crispness.