This Crockpot Pizza Dip combines all of the crave-worthy flavors of meat lover’s pizza into a crust less keto appetizer. Make this easy low carb appetizer to serve with a variety of dippers at your next game day gathering!
This year for the Superbowl, I decided to make something different based on what I had in my fridge. This is my absolute favorite way to create recipes, and this one was a hit.
Ooey, gooey, cheesy and meat-y, this dip is a pizza lover’s dream come true …especially if you’re limiting your carb intake.
This dip has all of the flavor without any of the carbs! Bring this pizza dip to any gathering and you will be the most popular person there.
💗 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This dip seriously taste just like pizza and it can be made in a crockpot or in the oven.
It’s a crowd pleaser. Adults and kids alike love pizza.
Just like pizza, you can customize pizza dip with your favorite “toppings.”
Make this keto pizza dip and kick those pizza cravings.
🍕 Ingredients You’ll Need
Full Fat Cream Cheese – gives a nice creamy base to the dip.
Ground Italian Sausage – You can use hot or mild. If you can’t find ground Italian sausage, buy sausage links and remove from casing.
Italian Seasoning – gives this dip deep classic Italian flavor.
Pizza or Marinara Sauce – Store-bought sauce is just fine.
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – because what would pizza be with out cheese?
Sliced Pepperoni – adds a little spicy kick.
📖 How To Make Crockpot Pizza Dip
1️⃣ Grease the bottom of your slow cooker.
2️⃣ In the slow cooker, add cooked sausage, Italian seasoning and cream cheese. Mix well. Top cream cheese mixture with pizza sauce, cheese and a layer of pepperoni slices.
3️⃣ Cover and cook on low heat for 1-2 hours.
4️⃣ Turn to warm once cheese is melted and dip is warmed through.
🔥 Oven-Baked Pizza Dip
You can also make this dip in the oven with the same great tasting results. I prefer doing it in my Crockpot just because it leaves space in my oven for other things.
1️⃣ Preheat oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, in a medium pan, brown Italian sausage crumbles.
2️⃣Once Italian sausage is cooked through, add it to a bowl with softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning and mix together until fully combined.
4️⃣ Layer cream cheese and sausage mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with pizza sauce or marinara, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
5️⃣ Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is warmed through and bubbly. Serve hot with dippers.
Keto Pizza Dip “Dipper” Ideas
Like crunch? Try with your favorite low carb tortilla chips, crackers or fresh carrot chips.
Some other great keto-friendly options are cucumber slices, celery sticks, pork rinds and cheese crisps.
🔀 Variations & Ingredient Substitutes
Much like an actual pizza pie, you can customize your pizza dip with your favorite cheeses, toppings, etc. Try these tasty variations!
Supreme Pizza Dip: Along with the pepperoni and sausage, add a layer of black olives, chopped onions, bell peppers and onions.
Hawaiian Pizza Dip: Swap the pepperoni out for diced ham and add onions and diced pineapple.
Three-Cheese Pizza Dip: Skip the meat all together and load up on the cheeses. Add plenty of mozzarella, grated parmesan and Asiago.
🔁 Storing & Freezing
Storing: Leftover pizza dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and heat in oven until cheese is re-melted and bubbly. You can also plop leftovers in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Do not freeze. Dairy does not freeze well and this dip is mainly dairy.
Technically, yes. You can use a vegan mozzarella and soy or almond based cream cheese, but be aware. Not all dairy-free cheeses are created equal and the taste may not be the same.
All-purpose seasoning (although not quite the same) gives food incredible flavor. You can use it in this dip if you do not have Italian seasoning.
In my opinion, Raos is the absolute best pizza sauce but it’s a bit pricey. For something less expensive, Ragu will do the trick.
More Easy Keto Appetizers
Keto Pizza Dip
- 16 oz Full Fat Cream Cheese
- ½ lb Ground Italian Sausage hot or mild
- 1 cup Pizza or Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Sliced Pepperoni
- Set aside 2 – 8 ounce blocks of full fat cream cheese aside to come to room temperature. Alternatively, you can microwave the cream cheese in a bowl for 45 seconds so it softens.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium pan, brown 8 oz of Italian sausage crumbles. This can be hot Italian sausage or mild Italian sausage. If you can’t find ground italian sausage, buy sausage links and remove from casing.
- Once Italian sausage is cooked through, add it to a bowl with the softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning and mix together until everything is evenly combined.
- Layer cream cheese and sausage mix on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with pizza sauce or marinara, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is all the way warmed through.
- Serve hot with dippers.
- Grease the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in cooked sausage, Italian seasoning and cream cheese mix to the bottom.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 1-2 hours. Turn to warm once cheese is melted and dip is warmed through.