Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass
If you’re looking for the best way to cook Chilean Sea Bass, try using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass cooks quickly and easily, so you can enjoy this high-protein fish with your favorite side dishes.
Can sea bass be cooked in an air fryer? Yes, the air fryer is a great way to cook any sea bass quickly and easily!
Chilean sea bass is a white fish also known as Patagonian toothfish. This fish is found in the southern waters around Chile and Argentina.
Chilean sea bass has a mild flavor with a slightly sweet taste that makes it taste great with many types of flavor. The texture of the fish is firm yet flaky.
Making Chilean sea bass in the air fryer is a healthy way to enjoy this delicious fish! Serve air fryer Chilean sea bass with your favorite vegetables or a salad for a complete meal.
And if you have sous vide, try our easy method for Sous Vide Chilean Sea Bass!
✅Why The Air Fryer Is The Best Way To Cook Chilean Sea Bass
- The air fryer uses dry circulating heat to cook food. This means that the outside of the fish will form a golden brown crust on the outside as it stays tender on the inside.
- It cooks quickly. Because the heat constantly circulates, the fish cooks quickly in under 15 minutes.
- No need to turn on the oven. Air frying is the way to go if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook fish. You won’t have to heat up your oven and your kitchen will stay cool.
- It’s a healthy cooking method. When you cook in the air fryer, little to no oil is needed. This means that you can enjoy your fish without deep frying.
🐟Key Ingredients & Helpful Tools
- Chilean Sea Bass – You can find this fish at your local grocery store or fish market. You can also use frozen Chilean sea bass fillets.
- Cooking Oil – A light brush of avocado oil helps the texture of the fish cook properly without adding any flavor. It also helps the seasonings stick.
- Salt & Pepper – Used to enhance the flavor of the fish.
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Use any air fryer you have. We love using the Ninja Foodi because its highly versatile and reliable.
💧How To Cook Chilean Sea Bass In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn your air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Prepare the sea bass: Pat the fish completely dry with a paper towel. Brush a light layer of avocado oil on both sides, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3️⃣Air fry the sea bass: Place the sea bass fillets’ skin side down in the preheated air fryer basket. Set the timer to 10 minutes. A one-inch fillet should fully cook in 10 minutes; however, if your fish isn’t fully cooked through, continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135F.
Remove and serve: Remove with a spatula and serve while hot. Enjoy!
⏲️Best Time and Temperature To Cook Chilean Sea Bass
What temperature do you air fry Chilean sea bass and for how long? This depends on how well you like it cooked and what type of fish it is. Generally, you can expect your fish to be cooked in about 10-15 minutes with a temperature of 375F. You can start there and check halfway to see if you’ll need more or less cooking time.
For best results, use a kitchen thermometer to ensure the thickest part of the fish is at a safe internal temperature of 135F.
👩🏻🍳Tips For Cooking Fish In The Air Fryer
Preheating is important: Preheat your air fryer before cooking the fish. This will help the outside of the fish cook evenly without overcooking the inside.
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer: If you overcrowd the air fryer, it will make it harder for air to circulate and properly cook the fish. Make sure to cook in batches if necessary.
Check the fish halfway through: Every air fryer is different so it’s important to check on your fish halfway through cooking. This will help you determine if you need more or less time.
Use a kitchen thermometer: The best way to know when your fish is fully cooked is to use a kitchen thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the fish and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 135F.
Let it rest: Once the fish is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute so that your fish is nice and juicy.
Serve immediately: Fish is best served immediately after it’s cooked. If you need to make ahead, you can cook the fish and then reheat in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving.
- Miso Honey Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of white miso paste, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Brush the glaze on the fish before air frying.
- Herbes de Provence: This classic French blend is a perfect seasoning for air fryer fish. Simply sprinkle it on before cooking.
- Lemon & Garlic: A classic flavor combination that goes well with any fish. Add a squeeze of lemon and some garlic cloves to the air fryer before cooking the fish.
- Cajun Seasoning: Give your air fryer fish a little kick with Cajun seasoning. Just sprinkle it on before cooking.
- Tandoori Masala: This Indian spice blend is perfect for air fryer fish. Just add a teaspoon to the air fryer before cooking.
- Curry Powder: Another great Indian spice blend that works well with air fryer fish. Just add a teaspoon to the air fryer before cooking.
🍽️Best Side Dishes For Chilean Sea Bass
There are so many delicious things you can serve with air fryer fish! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes
- Sous Vide Rice
- Cajun Cauliflower Rice
- Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Ranch Cauliflower Mash
Can you air fry frozen sea bass?
If you have frozen sea bass, it’s best to defrost it before air frying. Adding it to the air fryer while frozen could cause uneven cooking.
Can you put foil in an air fryer?
You can, however, the aluminum foil will block the airflow to the bottom of the fish, which may cause it to cook unevenly and need even more time.
What temperature should Chilean seabass be cooked to?
For the best results, use a kitchen thermometer to ensure the thickest part of the fish is at a safe internal temperature of 135F.
Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass
- air fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound Chilean Sea Bass filets
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Turn your air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Pat the fish completely dry with a paper towel. Brush a light layer of avocado oil on both sides, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the sea bass fillets’ skin side down in the preheated air fryer basket. Set the timer to 10 minutes. A one-inch fillet should fully cook in 10 minutes; however, if your fish isn’t fully cooked through, continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135F.
- Remove with a spatula and serve while hot. Enjoy!