Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cutlets
These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cutlets are tender, juicy, and cooked to perfection with a crispy outside. Your air fryer or Ninja Foodi does all the work!
Chicken cutlets are thin slices of chicken that are breaded and then fried. They can be served as a main course or used in salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, and more!
While you can make fresh chicken cutlets in the air fryer, this recipe uses frozen chicken cutlets that you can purchase in the frozen section of your grocery store! Popular brands include Tyson, Perdue, Great Value, and Foster Farms.
The air fryer uses dry circulating heat that both thaws and cooks your chicken cutlets. This gives them a crispy outside, while the inside remains tender and juicy.
🍗Ingredients and Tools
- Frozen Chicken Cutlets – Frozen chicken cutlets are great when you’re in a pinch and need a main course that’s crispy, crunchy, and packed with protein.
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer will work for this recipe. be sure to cook in batches to make sure they are in a single even layer.
- Heat-Safe Tongs – The chicken will need to be flipped halfway, so make sure you have heat-safe tongs to keep your hands from burning.
📖How To Make Frozen Chicken Cutlets In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Place the frozen cutlets in the air fryer: Place your chicken cutlets in a single layer on the preheated air fryer basket or tray.
3️⃣Air fry for 10 minutes: Cook the frozen chicken cutlets for 5 minutes, flip them with tongs, then increase the temperature to 400F. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through on the inside and crispy on the outside.
4️⃣Remove and serve: Using tongs, carefully remove the cooked chicken cutlets from the air fryer and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
👩🍳Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- If you are air frying multiple pieces at once, make sure they fit in a single layer and not on top of each other.
- The air fryer chicken cutlets will be cooked through after 10 minutes of air frying, but if you prefer your chicken to be more golden brown on top, air fry for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- The safe internal temperature of chicken breast is 165°F (74°C). If your chicken is thick, use a meat thermometer to check that the chicken is fully cooked.
- How long to cook frozen chicken cutlets in the air fryer depends on the wattage and size of your air fryer and how thick the chicken is. Generally, they will be fully cooked in 10 minutes at 375F. You can experiment with higher cooking temperatures and longer times.
🍗More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets (No Breading)
- How To Reheat Chicken Cutlets In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Burger
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatloaf
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cutlets
- 1 air fryer (Or Ninja Foodi)
- 1 pound Chicken Cutlets frozen
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Place your chicken cutlets in a single layer on the preheated air fryer basket or tray.
- Cook the frozen chicken cutlets for 5 minutes, flip them with tongs, then increase the temperature to 400F. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the cooked chicken cutlets from the air fryer and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!