Air Fryer Frozen Lumpia
Looking for a quick and easy way to cook frozen lumpia? Cook it in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi in just 15 minutes or less! These instructions for Air Fryer Frozen Lumpia are the best way to make sure lumpia is cooked perfectly every time!
Lumpia is a Filipino spring roll typically filled with chicken, pork, shrimp, and vegetables. The wrapper is made of either wheat flour or rice paper and is deep-fried until crispy.
This delicious popular Filipino food can often be found in the frozen section of your international grocery store if you can’t find them fresh.
What’s the best way to cook frozen lumpia? The best way to cook frozen lumpia is by using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi hands down!
The air fryer is a small convection oven that uses hot air to cook food. It circulates the hot air around the food, cooking it evenly on all sides. This is great for many recipes, but especially frozen foods!
🤔Why Make Frozen Lumpia In The Air Fryer?
- Enjoy lumpia any time you want it by buying frozen. You’ll know it’ll be cooked right every time.
- The dry hot air makes sure the texture of the lumpia is crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside.
- Depending on the size, frozen lumpia will take just 15 minutes or less to cook in the air fryer!
- No need to turn on the oven! Keep it cool and save electricity by using your air fryer.
🦐What You’ll Need
Frozen Lumpia – You can find these in the frozen section of your international grocery store. Popular brands include Maria’s, Shanghai, Spring Home, and Oleda’s.
Air Fryer – Any air fryer will do! We love the Ninja Foodi because it has multiple uses including slow cooking and pressure cooking.
Cooking Oil Spray – This ingredient is optional but can be used to make the lumpia extra crispy if desired.
🔥How To Make Frozen Lumpia In Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer: Turn on your air fryer and set the temperature to 375F. Let it preheat for 3-5 minutes.
Add your frozen lumpia: To the bottom of the air fryer basket, add the frozen lumpia in a single layer. Spray very lightly with cooking spray if you like them extra crispy.
Air fry frozen lumpia: Set the timer for 15 minutes. At the 8-minute mark, use tongs to flip over. Cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until the lumpia is cooked through on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Remove and serve: With tongs, removed the cooked lumpia and serve hot with lumpia sauce.
🥣Lumpia Dipping Sauce
The best way to enjoy lumpia is with a delicious dipping sauce! We love to use a mix of soy sauce, white vinegar, and garlic. But you can also enjoy lumpia with sweet and sour sauce, chili garlic sauce, ketchup, or any other dipping sauce you like!
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Some recipes require no preheating of the air fryer. In the case of frozen foods, pre-heating is a must. This will ensure that the food defrosts and cooks properly.
- When air frying frozen foods, it’s always best to cook them in a single layer with no overlapping. This will help prevent them from steaming which could make them soggy.
- The time and temperature suggested are a baseline to start with. How long to cook frozen lumpia in the air fryer will depend on your individual appliance and how big your lumpia is. Always check the inside with a kitchen thermometer to ensure the food is safe.
🧊Storing and Reheating
Storing: Once frozen lumpia is air fried, its best served immediately. If you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Reheating: To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer at 375F for a few minutes until warmed through. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!`
❄️More Air Fryer Frozen Foods
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak
Air Fryer Frozen Lumpia
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 6 Lumpia frozen
- Turn on your air fryer and set the temperature to 375F. Let it preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- To the bottom of the air fryer basket, add the frozen lumpia in a single layer. Spray very lightly with cooking spray if you like them extra crispy.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes. At the 8-minute mark, use tongs to flip over. Cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until the lumpia is cooked through on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- With tongs, removed the cooked lumpia and serve hot with lumpia sauce.