Air Fryer Frozen Veggie Tots
Looking for a quick and easy side dish or snack? Then you’ll love Air Fryer Frozen Veggie Tots! These little bites of goodness are pre-made and are perfect for kids and adults. In just 15 minutes or less, you can have a delicious and healthy side dish or snack that everyone will love.
Veggie tots have become a popular way of sneaking vegetables into delicious food. They are basically small bites of vegetables that have been mixed with starch (usually potatoes) and then breaded and fried.
You can find them frozen in your grocery store in various varieties and brands. The most popular brand of veggie tots is Green Giant. They also make different flavors of veggie fries and veggie rings!
🥦Frozen Veggie Tots Flavors
- Cauliflower, Cheese, and Bacon
- Sweet Potato and Cauliflower
- Broccoli and Cheese
While these vegetable tots are usually cooked in the oven, the air fryer or Ninja Foodi is the best way to make veggie tots! Because the air fryer uses try circulating heat, it cooks the food around all surfaces giving it a texture that is crispy on the outside and warm on the inside.
It also takes much less time to cook than a traditional oven and won’t use much electricity or heat up your house! If you’re ready to make veggie tots in the air fryer, try out this easy cooking method!
🥔What You’ll Need
- Frozen Veggie Tots – Even though Bird’s Eye is the most known veggie tots, other brands also make them, including Green Giant, Alexia, Great Value, and Whole Foods 365.
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer you have will work to make veggie tots. We love using our Ninja because it is versatile and reliable.
🔥How To Make Frozen Veggie Tots In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn your air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Air fry veggie tots: Place the frozen veggie tots in a single layer at the bottom of your air fryer basket. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, flip with a spatula or shake the basket.
3️⃣Remove and serve: Remove with a spatula and let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving with your favorite sides or as a snack with dipping sauce.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Preheating is important. This allows the vegetable tots to start defrosting immediately as they cook through so they will cook quickly and evenly.
- Place in a single layer. If you overcrowd the air fryer, the veggie tots will cook unevenly and not get crispy.
- Flip halfway through cooking. This helps ensure that all sides of the veggie tots are cooked evenly.
- For extra crispy veggie tots. Spray with a thin layer of cooking oil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. These veggie tots will be hot right out of the air fryer so be careful! Let them cool for a few minutes before serving to avoid burning yourself.
- The best time and temperature. Depending on the size of your veggie tots, you may need more or less cooking time. Check the halfway mark to see how cooked they are and adjust as necessary.
How long does it take to cook frozen veggie tots in the air fryer?
Whether they are Bird’s Eye, Green Giant, or other brands, the time it takes depends on your air fryer and how large the veggie tots are. Generally, the veggie tots will cook through in 10 minutes if the air fryer has been preheated.
Can you put veggie tots in the air fryer?
Yes, we think the air fryer is the best way to cook frozen veggie tots because it gives them a crispy exterior and warm interior without all the oil of frying.
Do you have to thaw veggie tots before air frying?
No, there is no need to thaw them before cooking. In fact, we recommend not thawing them so they cook evenly throughout.
What temperature should frozen veggie tots be air fried?
The ideal temperature is 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This allows the veggie tots to cook through without burning the breading.
How do you know when veggie tots are done in the air fryer?
You’ll know they are done when they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. If they are not cooked through, you can cook them for an additional minute or two until they reach the desired level of doneness.
🍿More Easy Air Fryer Snack Recipes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Air Fryer Chex Mix
- Air Fryer Spam Fries
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower Wings
Air Fryer Frozen Veggie Tots
- air fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 14 oz Veggie Tots frozen (Green Giant or Other Brand)
- Turn your air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the frozen veggie tots in a single layer at the bottom of your air fryer basket. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, flip with a spatula or shake the basket.
- Remove with a spatula and let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving with your favorite sides or as a snack with dipping sauce.