Bake a batch of brie without ever turning on the oven! These step-by-step instructions will show you how to make Air Fryer Baked Brie. This method delivers a bundle of brie with a gorgeous crust and a warm and gooey middle every time! It can be made with or without puff pastry.
Can you bake brie in an air fryer? 🤔 You sure can, and doing so in this countertop kitchen appliance guarantees the brie comes out golden and crisp on the surface and hot and creamy through the center, aka PERFECT.
If you’re new to brie, here’s a brief on the basics. Brie is a rich, creamy cow’s milk cheese in a thin, hard, and flavorful rind. This soft French cheese is delicious spread over a bite of baguette or layered in a sandwich. However, baking brie refines the texture and taste, making it impossible to resist.
The ease of baking brie in the air fryer may look too good to be true, but it’s truly as simple as it seems. After bundling the brie in buttery puff pastry, your air fryer does the rest of the work -and just like that, you’ll have an elegant appetizer perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve!
So fire up your Ninja Foodi, NuWave, or PowerXL air fryer, and let’s bake -or should I say “air fry” brie!
♨ Why The Air Fryer Is The Best Way To Bake Brie
- You can bake it in the air fryer wrapped in puff pastry or directly in the wood box it came in. Either way, it’s easy!
- It’s super convenient and leaves space in the oven for the rest of your holiday-hosting recipes.
- Your air fryer does the bulk of the work. The hardest part is deciding on your toppings and dipping snacks.
🧀 Ingredients You’ll Need
- Brie cheese – You can bake the brie in your air fryer with or without puff pastry. However, if you aren’t wrapping it in puff pastry, try to find a wheel of brie packaged in a round, wooden box so you can air fry it directly in the container.
- Puff pastry – There’s no need to drag out the stand mixer. A light, flaky store-bought box of puff pastry is perfectly fine (and significantly easier than making puff pastry from scratch).
📖 How To Make Baked Brie In The Air Fryer
You have the option to make this baked brie with or without puff pastry. Let’s start with how to make it with puff pastry.
1️⃣ Wrap in puff pastry. Spread the sheet of puff pastry dough on a clean, flat surface, and place the wheel of brie directly in the center. Fold each side of the dough over the top of the brie round, so it is securely bundled in puff pastry.
2️⃣ Bake in air fryer. After preheating the air fryer to 375°F, lightly grease the basket with cooking spray, then place the bundle of brie in the basket. Cook until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked (about 15 minutes).
No puff pastry? Find a brie packaged in a round, wooden container so that you can air fry the brie directly in its container. Here’s what you need to do.
1️⃣ Remove wrapper. Unwrap the brie round from the paper packaging and return it to the wooden container that it came in.
2️⃣ Bake in air fryer. Then place the brie, container included, in the preheated basket, and cook until the brie is browned on the surface and soft through the center (10-12) minutes.
👩🏻🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Line air fryer basket – Poke small holes in a piece of tin foil or parchment paper (for airflow) and lay it across the bottom of the basket, then place the pastry-wrapped brie on top. This makes it easier to move the baked brie from the basket to your cheese board.
- Egg wash – To enhance the taste and texture of the pastry crust, brush the surface with whisked egg before baking in the air fryer.
- Oven-safe ramekin – No worries if your brie didn’t come in a round, wooden container. A round ramekin that fits in the air fryer basket also works.
- DIY ramekin – If you don’t have an oven-safe ramekin, tin foil will do the trick. Mold the foil around the brie into a sufficient, makeshift bowl.
Baked brie is a delicacy on its own, but a topping or two makes it even better. It’s complemented by sweet, savory, and salty flavors. Check out the list below for ideas.
- Crumbled bacon
- Candied bacon
- Olive tapenade
- Baked apples or pears
- Cranberry sauce
- Fruit jams, jellies, and marmalades
- Honey or maple syrup
- Any fresh or dried fruit
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, pistachios, etc.)
Add baked brie to your next cheese board, along with snacks for scooping. These are a few of the many dippable sides to choose from.
- Toast points
- Baguette slices
- Thinly sliced apples or pears
🧊 Storing & Freezing
Storing: To store air fryer baked brie, let the cheese cool to room temperature, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freezing: I don’t suggest freezing leftover baked brie as it will noticeably harm the flavor and texture.
The precise time it takes to make baked brie will depend on the wattage and functionality of your air fryer, but cooking it at 375F for 15 minutes is a good place to start. Adjust the time as needed.
The brie is done when it is warmed through, and the cheese is soft and creamy. If wrapped in puff pastry, the brie should also be done once the pastry dough is crisp, flakey, and cooked through.
Yes. The thin, hardened rind on soft, ripened brie is totally safe to eat, and it tastes great too!
🍴More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Goat Cheese Balls
- Air Fryer Corn Fritters
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Air Fryer Baked Brie
- air fryer
- ramekin or foil if the brie isn't packaged in a round, wooden bod
- 8 ounces brie cheese a wheel packaged in a wooden box; if available
- 1 sheet puff pastry optional
Baked Brie with Puff Pastry
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the sheet of puff pastry out on a sanitized, flat surface. Place the wheel of brie directly in the center of the pastry dough.
- Fold each side of the pastry dough up and over the top of the brie so that the brie is completely sealed in a bundle of puff pastry.
- Lightly grease the preheated air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the pastry-wrapped brie in the basket.
- Air fry for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the baked brie from the air fryer basket, and serve hot.
Without Puff Pastry
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Unwrap the brie from the paper packaging and return it to the wooden container that it came in. If the brie was not packaged in a round, wooden container, transfer it to a ramekin, or mold foil around the bottom of the brie to form a heat-safe bowl.
- Place the container of brie in the preheated basket and cook for 10-12 minutes or until it is browned on the outside and soft through the center.
- Carefully remove the container from the air fryer basket, and serve hot.