This Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops is the perfect course for a weeknight meal. Center cut pork chops are coated with shake and bake seasoning, then cooked in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi. You’ll have crispy, delicious pork chops in no time!
Shake and bake is a breading mix that you can use to coat chicken, pork chops, or fish. It’s made with seasonings like paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. You simply shake the meat in the bag with the coating mix, then bake it in the oven.
Even though this popular breading is usually cooked with protein in the oven, the air fryer is one of the best ways to make shake and bake pork chops!
The air fryer is a small convection oven that uses dry circulating heat to cook food. This ensures that it gets crispy on the outside and stays tender on the inside. It also takes much less time to cook in the air fryer without heating up your house or using additional electricity!
Shake and bake seasoning comes in a variety of different flavors, including original, extra crispy, and even gluten-free. You can find it in the spice aisle of your local grocery store!
🥩What You’ll Need
- Center Cut Pork Chops – You’ll need 1 inch thick center cut pork chops with or without the bone for this recipe.
- Avocado Oil – You’ll need some oil to coat the pork to make the crunchy seasoning stick properly.
- Shake and Bake – Choose your favorite variety at the grocery store. The package will come with the seasoning as well as the bag to shake the pork in.
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer will work for this recipe. We love using the Ninja Foodi.
🔥How To Make Shake and Bake Pork Chops In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn your air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Prepare the pork chops: Use a paper towel to pat the pork chops dry, then use the avocado oil to coat both sides of each pork chop.
3️⃣Bread the pork chops: Pour the breading mixture into the bag, then add the oil-coated pork chops one at a time and shake the bag until the seasoning mixture is evenly coating the pork chops. Repeat with the remaining pork chops. Discard any leftover breading.
4️⃣Air fry the pork chops: Place the coated pork chops in the preheated air fryer and cook for 16-28 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked through with an internal temperature of 165F.
5️⃣Remove, rest, and serve: Remove the cooked meat with tongs, then let it rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite side dishes.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- The best time and temperature for making shake and bake pork chops in the air fryer depends on how thick your pork chops are. Use a kitchen thermometer to make sure the pork chops is cooked to a safe temperature.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Place the pork chops in a single layer to ensure that it cooks evenly. Cook in batches if needed.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat function, no worries! Just turn it to the 375F setting and let it run for 3-5 minutes before adding the pork.
- For extra crispy pork chops, coat in the shake and bake seasoning for a second time and air fry for 2-3 minutes. You can also spray it with a light coating of oil.
- Make shake and bake pork medallions by cutting the pork into circle shapes and following the same directions for breading. Air fry for 15 minutes flipping halfway.
- Don’t like pork chops? Try making Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken!
🐽More Easy Pork Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- How To Reheat Pork Chops In Air Fryer
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast
- Sous Vide Pork Chops
- Pork Chile Verde
Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- air fryer or ninja foodi
- 1 pound pork chops center cut, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 package Shake N Bake
- Turn your air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Trim the pork chops of any excess fat. Use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry, then use the avocado oil to coat both sides of each chicken breast.
- Pour the breading mixture into the bag, then add the oil-coated pork chops one at a time and shake the bag until the seasoning mixture is evenly coating the chicken. Repeat with the next chicken breast. Discard any leftover breading.
- Place the pork chops in the preheated air fryer and cook for 16-18 minutes or until the chicken breast is fully cooked through with an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove the cooked pork chops with tongs, then let it rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite side dishes.