Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
Frozen pork chops can be a great way to save money on meat, but if you’re not careful they can come out dry and tough. Follow this simple recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops for tender and juicy meat that is cooked perfectly every time in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi!
Can you cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer? Yes! Follow this step-by-step method on how to cook frozen pork chops using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi without thawing or defrosting.
Pork chops are a lean cut of meat that can easily become dry when cooked. The air fryer is an ideal cooking method for cooking frozen pork chops because the even heating in the appliance provides consistent results every time you cook.
ğŸ¥© Benefits Of Air Frying Pork Chops
- Air frying frozen pork chops takes about 20 minutes (versus 30-40 minutes in the oven) and they come out juicy and delicious!
- When you’re ready to eat, just add your favorite sauce or seasoning
- To make this dish even easier, buy pre-cut frozen pork chops from your grocery store’s freezer section
- This recipe only requires three ingredients – frozen pork chops, olive oil spray, salt & pepper
- You can also grill these on an outdoor grill if you prefer that method of cooking them!
ğŸ³How To Air Fry Frozen Pork Chops
These instructions are the best time and temperature for frozen pork chops that are one inch thick. For thicker pork chops, add 5-8 minutes of cooking time to the total and adjust as necessary. If they are thinner, reduce the cooking time.
1ï¸âƒ£ Preheat the air fryer basket to 400F for 3-5 minutes.
2ï¸âƒ£ Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
3ï¸âƒ£ Add frozen pork chops to your air fryer basket in a single even layer.
4ï¸âƒ£ Set the timer for 20 minutes.
5ï¸âƒ£ Once the cooking time has reached 10 minutes, open the air fryer and season with salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings on both sides. Spray with cooking spray for an additional brown color.
6ï¸âƒ£ Cook for the remaining 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
7ï¸âƒ£ Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
ğŸ‘©ğŸ»”ğŸ³ Chef’s Tips
Before adding the pork chops to the air fryer, let them sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to take the chill off. This will result in a more tender meat.
It’s important to preheat your air fryer for this recipe as it helps jumpstart the thawing and cooking process.
Season your porkchops at the halfway mark when the ice has melted from the pork chops. This will help the seasonings stick better.
The safe internal temperature of pork chops is 145F. Purchase a kitchen thermometer to ensure safe cooking of meat.
ğŸ½ï¸ How To Serve Air Fryer Pork Chops
These Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops are delicious served on their own with a side of veggies or your favorite starch including:
You can also serve them with a variety of homemade sauces:
Yes, you can cook either thawed or frozen pork chops in your air fryer. If you want to get an extra crispy outside on them, be sure to spray the cooking rack with olive oil before putting them in there!
We like using our Homemade Ranch Seasoning when making Air Fryer Pork Chops.
No! You can either cook them completely frozen or thawed and either method works great in the air fryer.
You should cook your Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops for about 18-20 minutes at 400F degrees or until they reach an internal temperature of 145F. If you’re using a propane-powered fryer, then make sure you have enough fuel to finish your cooking. Stock up with help from providers like Discount Propane (https://discount-propane.com/), especially if you’re cooking for a big party or gathering.
You can cook any type of pork chop including: thin cut, boneless (center cut), thick cut bone-in center cut (shoulder or blade end), country style ribs which are actually a boneless pork chop.
Yes, you can definitely make Air Fryer Pork Chops without any oil by spraying the cooking rack with cooking spray before adding your pork chops. You will not need as much time to cook them since they’re not submerged in any oil but they’ll still come out crispy!
A reliable way to test your pork chops for doneness is to use a meat kitchen thermometer. You can also use this Air Fryer Pork Chop recipe since it has an internal temperature of 145F degrees which means your pork chop is done!
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound Pork Chops 1 inch thick pieces
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 400F for 3-5 minutes.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add frozen pork chops to your air fryer basket in a single even layer.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has reached 10 minutes, open the air fryer and season with salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings on both sides. Spray with cooking spray for an additional brown color.
- Cook for the remaining 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.