We just came back from a trip that had us in NYC and in Colorado. VERY different elevations and VERY different germs! Now back home in South Carolina, I can't help but feel I am fighting off something. I know a lot of it is in my mind and a LOT of it could be these damn southern allergies, but I'm not taking any chances so today was the perfect day to whip up my charcoal immunity shots.
Juice shots are highly concentrated juiced fruits, vegetables herbs and or spices to get a dose of something good to your body. I got sick of paying $3.99 for them in the store so I broke out my juicer and got creating like I used to do at Jar & Fork.
These charcoal immunity shots are simple blend of ginger, lemon, orange and charcoal which helps digestion, nausea, boosts your immune system and detoxifies which is also great for hangovers.
Charcoal Immunity Shots
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 lemons
- 3" piece of ginger
- 6 charcoal capsules (I used these)
- Cut skin off of oranges and lemons and cut into quarters or eighths.
- Slice ginger longways to make smaller pieces.
- Feed everything through juicer one by one until all fruit is juiced.
- If needed, strain liquid to remove pulp.
- Add liquid to a bottle with a tight fitting lid (a kombucha bottle works great!)
- Open up 6 charcoal capsules and add powder to bottle.
- Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cayenne pepper if you're feeling spicy!
NOTES: This should make about 12 oz or more depending on the size of your fruit. Keep in fridge for 1 week and take 1-2 2oz shots daily. Works great before meals as a digestive aid!
What is your favorite juice combo?
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in charleston check out these links: