Air fryers are a great way to reheat food because they cook it quickly and evenly. In this blog post, we will teach you how to reheat a baked potato in the air fryer or Ninja Foodi. It is quick and easy, and your baked potato will be good as new!
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around it. This cooking method results in food that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
An air fryer is a great way to reheat food because it cooks your food quickly and evenly with no need to turn on a big oven!
And, if you have any leftover baked potatoes in the fridge, you can easily reheat them in the air fryer so they warmed through to enjoy the next day!
✅Benefits Of Using Air Fryer To Reheat Food
- It uses a lot less electricity since there’s no need to turn on the oven.
- The food comes out crispy and evenly cooked, so there’s no need to worry about anything being burnt or undercooked.
- You can reheat a wide variety of foods in an air fryer, from vegetables to meats.
- The air fryer circulates dry heat around the food making it cook much more quickly than if using the oven.
🥔What You’ll Need
- Air Fryer – There are many options when purchasing an air fryer when it comes to their size and function. I absolutely love my Ninja Foodi Grill and use it multiple times a day!
- Leftover Baked Potato – This could be from a restaurant or from a hearty meal the night before. Don’t let your baked potatoes go to waste!
- Aluminum Foil – Used to wrap the baked potato to trap the warm air inside so it cooks faster and doesn’t burn the outside.
🥣How To Reheat A Baked Potato In The Air Fryer
1️⃣ Step One: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Step Two: Cut the aluminum foil so that it is large enough to wrap around the potato.
3️⃣Step Three: Wrap the potato in the aluminum foil, making sure that all of the surface area of the potato is covered and no air can escape.
4️⃣Step Four: Put the wrapped potato in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes depending on the size.
5️⃣Step Five: Remove the wrapped potato from the air fryer using tongs. Carefully open the foil. Add your favorite toppings and serve while hot.
The air frying time is highly dependent on how big your baked potatoes are. Start the timer with 10 minutes for larger potatoes and 6-8 minutes for smaller potatoes.
You can omit the aluminum foil from the potatoes to crisp up the skin. Just make sure that the skin does not burn.
The baked potatoes will be very hot once they are heated through. Always use tongs to handle the potatoes in and out of the air fryer basket.
When removing the foil, keep your face away and your hands protected as hot steam will escape the foil packet.
If you are reheating multiple baked potatoes, be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket as the heat will not evenly distribute. Reheat them in batches if the air fryer basket is too small.
Reheated baked potatoes are best served immediately as warming them up twice will cause them to get very dry. This is also the reason that freezing is not recommended for double-heated potatoes.
🥔More Ways To Reheat Foods In The Air Fryer
Can I reheat in an air fryer? Yes, many foods can easily be reheated in the air fryer in under 15 minutes or less! Try reheating the following foods in your air fryer.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- How To Reheat French Fries In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- Air Fried Frozen Crinkle Fries
- Frozen Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
How To Reheat A Baked Potato In The Air Fryer
- air fryer or Ninja Foodi
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 Baked Potatoes
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the aluminum foil so that it is large enough to wrap around the potato.
- Wrap the potato in the aluminum foil, making sure that all of the surface area of the potato is covered and no air can escape.
- Put the wrapped potato in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes depending on the size.
- Remove the wrapped potato from the air fryer using tongs. Carefully open the foil. Add your favorite toppings and serve while hot.