You can made tofu in your air fryer! This recipe for sesame ginger tofu uses a quick marinade with sesame oil, and soy sauce as its base to create a perfect crispy tofu to add to noodle bowls, salads or wraps.
I know there are a lot of people out there that have a love/hate relationship tofu. I am definitely no different. Don’t get me wrong, I really love tofu but it has to be cooked the right way.
To me, the best kind of tofu is the kind that gets CRISPY. That is why I love this air fryer sesame ginger tofu.
I really did not want to like my air fryer. I was so hesitant about another gadget taking up space on my small counter top. But I’m smart and I asked for one as a gift so that I didn’t feel bad if I hated it.
Well, my only regret is that I didn’t buy a BIGGER one myself!
Having this tiny convection type oven around to crisp up literally everything has changed my kitchen game by allowing me to be able to get crispy food on the table QUICK.
How to Make Air Fryer Tofu
Once you open your tofu, press out any additional liquid or moisture with a paper towel or tofu press.
Slice your toful into even cubes then toss in the marinade and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
Place your tofu on a greased air fryer basket and set temp and time for 20 minutes making sure to flip or shake the basket every 5-7 minutes to make sure it is cooking evenly.
What kind of Tofu Can I Air Fry?
Tofu in the air fryer will work best with dry firm pieces. Use only firm tofu or extra firm tofu in your air fryer and make sure all of the liquid is pressed out or absorbed with a paper towel.
Sesame Ginger Tofu Marinade:
This sesame ginger tofu is marinated in some simple ingredients before heading to the air fryer:
Use your choice of:
- Soy Sauce
- Coconut Aminos
- Roasted Sesame Oil
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Ground Ginger
Sesame Ginger Tofu
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu, pressed
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, Coconut Aminos or Tamari
- 2 tbsp Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- Press tofu by removing as much moisture as possible with paper towels or tofu press.
- Cut into 1” cubes
- To a large bowl, add tofu cubes plus all remaining ingredients.
- Toss tofu in marinade and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Grease your air fryer basket to avoid sticking.
- Add marinated tofu to air fryer and cook at 375 for 20 minutes making sure to toss or shake the basket halfway through so tofu cooks evenly.
- Store tofu in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Toss in airfryer at 375 for 5-10 minutes to reheat.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10g
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.