Making pecan pie is easier than ever! This delicious air fryer dessert is perfect for a special occasion or a fun weekend treat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious Air Fryer Pecan Pie that everyone will love.
Can you make pecan pie in the air fryer? 🤔 YES! If the size of your air fryer basket permits, you can bake a WHOLE pecan pie in the air fryer, and these easy-to-follow instructions will show you exactly how it’s done!
This air fryer dessert recipe comes together in 35 minutes with only seven ingredients. It’s fuss-free and almost impossible to mess up, so you can focus on the rest of the holiday spread.
So leave the oven open for the turkey and all those holiday casseroles, and save the air fryer for dessert! Once you bake your first pecan pie in the air fryer, you’ll never go back to baking them in the oven. Enjoy!
👉 If this pecan pie recipe sold you on making desserts in the air fryer, then be sure to check out, air fryer pumpkin pie, air fryer sweet potato pie, air fryer s’mores, blueberry cobbler, apple crumble, and peach cobbler while you’re here!
🥧 Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pre-Made Pie Crust – If you have a tried-and-true pie crust recipe, by all means, use it, but the convenience of a store-bought refrigerated pie crust is hard to resist (especially during the chaos of preparing a holiday feast).
- Dark Corn Syrup – Adds a thick syrupy texture to the filling with a deep sweet flavor.
- Light Brown Sugar – Adds additional sweetness to the pie with a light molasses taste.
- Vanilla Extract – Gives the pie a complimentary vanilla flavor throughout the filling.
- Eggs – Helps bind the filling ingredients together so they set while baking.
- Chopped Pecans – The star of the show, pecans add a crunchy texture along with a sweet warming nutty flavor.
🥣 How To Make Pecan Pie In Air Fryer
1️⃣ Whisk pie filling ingredients: Add the pecan pie filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth and combined.
2️⃣ Preheat the air fryer: Turn your air fryer to 325F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
3️⃣ Assemble crust with pie filling: Place the pie crust on top of the pie plate and crimp the edges if needed. Then, pour the pecan pie filling into the crust in an even layer.
4️⃣ Air fry pecan pie: Place the pie pan directly in the air fryer basket. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set and no longer jiggles.
5️⃣Chill and serve: Let the pie cool for 15 minutes, then place it in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours to set before slicing and serving.
👩🏻🍳 Cooking Tips
- First and foremost, ensure your air fryer basket is large enough to fit an 8″ pie pan or pie dish (also, be sure it’s oven-safe).
- At the halfway mark, sneak a peak. If the filling is browning too quickly on the top, loosely cover the pie plate with tin foil.
- The precise time it takes to bake pecan pie in the air fryer will vary based on the wattage and functionality of your equipment. Pecan pie is finished cooking when the filling is set and no longer jiggles.
🍽 How To Serve Pecan Pie Air Fryer
Once chilled and set, you can serve air fryer pecan pie straight from the fridge or at room temperature. Serve individual slices a la mode with vanilla ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream.
Have a pot of coffee brewing to sip with this sweet and creamy pecan pie. After a huge holiday meal, you may need the caffeinated pick-me-up.
🧊 Storing & Freezing
Storing: Refrigerate leftover pecan pie wrapped loosely in plastic or foil in the fridge for 3-4 days. Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
Freezing: Wrap single slices or the whole pie pan tightly with plastic or foil, and place in a freezer-safe ziptop bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Can I make this pecan pie gluten-free?
Yes! The pecan pie filling is already made with gluten-free ingredients, so all you need to substitute is the pie shell for a gluten-free pie crust.
Can I make this pecan pie dairy-free?
I have only tested this recipe with real heavy whipping cream, but SILK makes a dairy-free heavy whipping cream that mimics heavy whipping cream beautifully in pie filling. You can also try using thickened coconut cream.
🦃More Holiday Recipes
- Spiced Apple Cider Muffins
- Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash
- Gluten-free Stuffing
- Riced Cauliflower Stuffing
- Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Mini Pecan Pie Tarts
- Gluten-free Peanut Butter Pie
Air Fryer Pecan Pie
- air fryer
- 8 inch pie plate oven safe
- 1 pie crust premade
- 1.5 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Add the pecan pie filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Turn your air fryer to 325F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the pie crust on top of the pie plate and crimp the edges if needed. Then, pour the pecan pie filling into the crust in an even layer.
- Place the pie pan directly in the air fryer basket. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set and no longer jiggles.
- Let the pie cool for 15 minutes, then place it in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours to set before slicing and serving.