This easy recipe for non-alcoholic Christmas Punch is the perfect holiday drink for a crowd. It uses simple ingredients and is a great mocktail for kids. Options to turn it into an alcoholic Christmas punch are also included.
What You’ll Need To Make This Christmas Mocktail
- Cranberry Juice: This juice is the base of the punch and gives it it’s classic red color and sweetness.
- Ginger Ale: This sparkling soda will add some slight carbonation and a slightly spicy flavor from the ginger.
- Orange: A classic winter citrus that pairs well with this punch
- Plum: A winter fruit used for garnish.
- Cranberries: This goes well with the flavors of the holiday season.
- Cinnamon: A small pinch of cinnamon whisked into the punch adds a hint of warming holiday flavor.
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs: Although they are for garnish, they add a hint of fresh flavor.
- Granulated Sugar: Granulated sugar is great for rimming the glasses to create a snow capped glass.
- Replace the Cranberry Juice with Pomegranate Juice
- Replace the Ginger Ale with Sprite
- Garnish with sliced Cherries, Pears or Blackberries
- Feel free to Omit the cinnamon
How do you make a Christmas Punch?
Christmas punch comes together in just a few easy steps:
- Cut up the fruit into big slices cutting the bigger ones in half.
- In a large gallon container, add cranberry juice or pomegranate juice with ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in the ginger ale and stir to combine
- Add the sliced fruit to the liquid, give it a quick stir.
- Rim your glass with sugar, pour in the Christmas Punch and add a sprig of rosemary for garnish and color.
How to make Alcoholic Christmas Punch:
There are two ways to make alcoholic Christmas Punch:
- With Champagne: Cut the amount of ginger ale in half and replace with one bottle of dry champagne or prosecco
- With Whisky or Vodka: Add about 6 shots of your favorite whisky to the punch and stir to combine. For an extra sweet treat, use honey whisky
Alternatively, you could just leave the champagne and whisky chilled on the table so your guests can add as much alcohol as they like and then fill the rest with Christmas Punch
Holiday Mocktail Recipes You’ll Love:
- Candy Cane Martini Mocktail
- Christmas Pomegranate Mojito Mocktail
- Thanksgiving Punch
- Christmas Cranberry Orange Mocktail
Serve This Christmas Mocktail With These Holiday Recipes:
- Spaghetti Squash Mac & Cheese
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Gluten Free Stuffing
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 16 oz Cranberry Juice
- 67 oz Ginger Ale 2 liters
- 2 orange
- 2 plums
- ½ cup Cranberries can be frozen
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 10 Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar for garnish
- In a large gallon container, add cranberry juice and whisk in ¼ tsp cinnamon until fully combined
- Slice one orange in half, extract the juice and add it to the christmas punch
- Add in ginger ale and stir to combine
- Slice remaining orange and plums into large rounds and add to christmas punch while saving half to garnish glasses
- Add in cranberries and give the Christmas Punch another stir
- Wet the rim of your glasses with water or using a piece of orange slice and dip into granulated sugar
- Chill Christmas Punch and serve into sugar rimmed glasses, top with fruit and a rosemary sprig
How to make Christmas Punch Alcoholic:There are two ways to make alcoholic Christmas Punch: With Champagne: Cut the amount of ginger ale in half and replace with one bottle of dry champagne or prosecco With Whisky: Add about 6 shots of your favorite whisky to the punch and stir to combine. For an extra sweet treat, use honey whisky Alternatively, you could just leave the champagne and whisky chilled on the table so your guests can add as much alcohol as they like and then fill the rest with Christmas Punch
How to make Christmas Punch without Alcohol:To make Christmas punch without alcohol, follow the recipe instructions below, but here are some alternatives you could swap:
- Replace the cranberry juice with pomegranate juice or cherry pomegranate juice
- Replace the ginger ale with sprite
- Use a different array of fruits such as cherries, pears or blackberries
- Feel free to omit cinnamon