This bbq pineapple pulled pork comes together for delicious sandwiches, tacos, salads and more featuring The New Primal Classic BBQ sauce.
Sometimes I feel like pork butt or shoulder is too underrated and I'm not sure why at all! Its cheap, delicious, paleo, whole30 and even low carb. Plus it's so incredibly versatile because it soaks up the flavor of any sauce you use on it.
I make pulled pork in some form at least once a month and with the instant pot and crockpot, I don't even have to think about if it will get dry or tough. In fact I make instant pot carnitas at least once a month and it honestly lasts all week in our house which is a huge win.
This bbq pineapple pulled pork has a nice summer feel. It's sweet, spicy and tangy in all the right places. The BBQ sauce has EVERYTHING to do with the taste and the Classic BBQ from The New Primal does not disappoint! It's infused with bone broth and is even Whole30 approved for those looking to spice up their Whole30 reset.
Check Out: Whole30 Approved Sauces & Marinades
- The New Primal Classic BBQ Sauce
- The New Primal Mustard BBQ
- The New Primal Buffalo Sauce: Medium
- The New Primal Marinade Pack
BBQ Pineapple Pulled Pork
BBQ Pineapple Pulled Pork | Paleo & Whole30
- 4 lb Pork Butt or Shoulder
- 8 oz [BBQ Sauce]
- 15 oz Can Pineapple Tidbits no sugar added
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ¼ bunch Cilantro chopped
- ½ Red Onion small dice
- Dry your pork butt with paper towels.
- Rub with salt and smoked paprika
- Cut into 2-3 pieces to fit evenly inside instant pot
- Drain canned pineapple juice over the meat and put aside pineapple chunks
- Cook on Manual high pressure for 90 minutes
- Once Pressure is reached, let meat sit on warm setting for 1.5 hours
- Remove meat, add it to a bowl and discard liquid and fat
- Shred pork with a fork
- Add 5oz BBQ sauce (or until desired texture is reached) to pork and mix thoroughly
- Top with pineapple chunks, cilantro and red onion
OPTIONAL: to crisp up pork, place on a single layer sheet pan and broil for 5 minutes before adding pineapple, cilantro and onion
- Follow steps 1-4
- Cook on HIGH 5-6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
Other New Primal Recipes:
Valerie Skinner is a personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in charleston check out these links: