I’m a firm believer in growth only being able to happen outside of your comfort zone. Think about the times in life where you had to do something that scares you. Perhaps you’ve never done this thing before but you acted on instinct or intuition and realized that there are untapped parts of you that need to be explored.
Sometimes these situations come up in our lives that FORCE us to do scary things that we can’t control which can be positive or negative. In reality, most people try and stay at a point where they don’t need to push themselves to grow. Comfort is a happy little bubble and we stay there in order to feel secure.
Then there are some people that CREATE situations that force them to grow just to see what they are made of. I like those people. Well, I do now because I became one of them when I up and left my life after culinary school and moved to Hawaii for like… no reason. It was this experience that forced me to live out of my comfort zone DAILY and for as many challenges I faced, I realized that in order for me to live my best life, I had to keep creating these situations and knocking down walls within myself to take full advantage of this short life.
Not everyone needs to do or should do what I did to start that process, but there are little ways to find out more of who you are and grow from there.
“DO ONE THING THAT SCARES YOU EVERY DAY”
Hearing this quote is scary in itself! Unless you’re out of your comfort zone and routine, its hard to conjure up the courage and ideas to make this happen. It got me thinking a lot about where I’ve been and where I was now and how I’ve got the ball rolling on the scary stuff once again.
Here are 15 ways you can do one thing that scares you every day inspired by one of my Instagram posts.
Do One Thing That Scares You Every Day | 15 Ways
- Sit with a stranger on a bench.
- Eat at an actual restaurant alone.
- Un-follow people on social media that don’t serve your life positively.
- Go through 24 hours without complaining about a single thing.
- Say hello or greet everyone you pass by in a day.
- Invite new neighbors over for a backyard beer.
- Attend a networking event alone and meet new friends.
- Compliment someone who isn’t expecting it.
- Try a free exercise class and thank the instructor personally.
- Leave your phone at home for the day.
- Reach out to someone on social media and let them know you genuinely enjoy their content.
- Host a girl or boys night at your house and invite people you aren’t friends with already.
- Ask for constructive criticism about something.
- Confront someone that hurt you so you can let it go.
- Get dressed up and decked out and walk around town without a reason.
How many things on this list have you done? Which one seems the scariest?