This sheet pan balsamic chicken and vegetables is great combination of Italian flavors. This meal can be cooked all on one pan and works well for meal prep on a Whole30 or Paleo way of eating.
I feel like I follow the food trends pretty well . . . as I should! I remember the rise of chia, kale and overnight oats back in the old blogging days but now we also have different ways things being cooked becoming popular.
The only time I ever used a pressure cooker was in culinary school and it was TERRIFYING. Now, I use an electric pressure cooker a few times a week at least. You really never know what’s going to pop on the scene next.
💗 Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken & Vegetables
One thing I love that has popped up, is the rise of sheet pan dinners and sheet pan recipes. A sheet pan dinner is an entire meal that is seasoned, marinated and baked all on one large sheet pan at the same time. This saves SO much time especially when I get to make them for clients.
🧾 About this Recipe
This recipe for sheet pan balsamic chicken and vegetables contains some of my favorite flavors including balsamic vinegar, basil and other Italian seasonings.
Is Balsamic Vinegar Whole30 Approved?
If you’re worried about using balsamic vinegar on your Whole30 or even really on a paleo diet, it is approved as long as you check your ingredients and make sure it doesn’t contain added sulfites or any forms of sugars. Check out this discussion on the Whole30 forum HERE to help you.
📖 How to Make
- Mix up your marinade of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Toss well with 1lb baby carrots, 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved, 1 pound red potatoes, and 4 chicken breasts that have been sliced to 1/2 inch thick lengthwise.
- Add everything on a large sheet pan in one single layer and pour over any extra marinade.
- Bake in a 375 preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 and vegetables are cooked through.
- Top with fresh basil.
🍽️ Vegetable Variations
In this recipe, I used a mix I thought would go well, but feel free to use whatever vegetables you enjoy including:
- Cherry Tomatoes
🧑🍳 Cooking Tips and Tricks
- Since balsamic vinegar can get sticky, it may take a little more elbow grease to clean off your sheet pan. To save some time on cleaning, place a layer of parchment paper or aluminum foil over your sheet pan. If you decide to use aluminum foil, I recommend spraying with a little avocado oil to keep veggies from sticking.
- Make sure chicken is cut to the same thickness. My chicken breasts were 1/2 inch thick and cooked in 40 minutes at 375. This varies depending on your oven and thickness of chicken so make sure you are at least cooking until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165.
- Similarly, the vegetables will cook more even and fast if they are all cut the same size. If you are using potatoes, you may need to cook longer or toss halfway through.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables (paleo, whole30, gluten free)
- 4 Chicken Breasts cut 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 lb Red Potatoes diced large
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 375
- Toss tomatoes, carrots and potatoes into the marinade until fully coated and remove with slotted spoon and place onto sheet pan.
- Add Chicken breasts into marinade and toss until fully coated before removing and placing in single layer on sheet pan.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken and vegetables and bake in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Portion out chicken and vegetables and garnish with remaining half of chopped basil.