This hearty vegetable minestrone soup is perfect for colder weather and packs a nutritious veggie punch. This recipe does not contain beans or pasta which is perfect for those on whole30 or keto diets.
I am obsessed with cooler weather. Yes, I complain about it being cold and freezing just as much as the next person but I would take that ANY day over being too hot.
Unfortunately for me, I live in South Carolina and currently we have temperature highs in the 90’s even though its almost mid October. Still, this won’t stop me from making vegetable minestrone soup.
I love making soups and stews. There are endless flavor combinations and you can pretty much turn anything into a soup.
What is minestrone soup?
Minestrone is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both. Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes. There is no set recipe for minestrone, since it is usually made out of whatever vegetables you have. Wikipedia
What vegetables can I put in minestrone soup?
- Mirepoix: carrots, celery, onion
- Green Beans
How do I make instant pot vegetable minestrone soup?
To make this recipe in your instant pot, saute the vegetables using the saute function. Add remaining ingredients and set on manual HIGH for 35 minutes and use a manual or quick release.
Check Out: Other Instant Pot Recipes
Vegetable Minestrone SoupPrint
This hearty vegetable minestrone soup made without pasta or beans making it a heavy vegetable dish great for low carb, keto or whole30 ways of eating.
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Carrot Chips, frozen
- 1 cup Green Beans, frozen
- 1 large Zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Cubed & Cooked Butternut Squash, frozen
- 1 Large Russet Potato, diced
- 1 14oz can Diced Tomato
- 1 14oz can Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- In large stock pot, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add in carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and all dried herbs and saute for about 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- To the pot, add zucchini, potato, green beans and butternut squash. Saute all together for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and canned tomato and stir once again.
- Bring up heat to high until soup comes to a boil. Let it boil for 10 minutes before bring it back town to a low heat or simmer. Simmer at low for about 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked through evenly.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use Saute function on instant pot for steps 1-4
- Once all liquid is added and stirred in, cook on manual HIGH pressure for 30 minutes and use a quick or natural release.
- Category: soup, stew
- Method: stovetop, instant pot
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 3
Keywords: minestrone soup, vegetable minestrone soup, keto minestrone soup, paleo minestrone soup, whole30 minestrone soup
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.