These white chocolate peanut butter blondies are the perfect gooey dessert. Peanut butter white chocolate is a winning dessert combo and these are made gluten free.
With age comes wisdom in all areas, but it also comes with the likes of food you didn’t like as a kid?
Am I right?
I used to hate things like asparagus, pork chops and was so afraid of cilantro tasting like soap that I avoided it all together. Sadly, I shunned of white chocolate too and what a shame that was.
These days I feel myself gravitating towards white chocolate. It has such a creamy light taste that I really enjoy. I guess all this time using raw cacao butter has paid off and is starting to turn me into a white chocolate monster.
But then, pairing it with peanut butter makes it a devilish combination. This gooey blondie recipe makes the best blondies ever.
What is the difference between a brownie and a blondie?
A blondie is a rich, sweet dessert bar. It resembles the traditional chocolate brownie, but substitutes vanilla for the cocoa used in brownies, and contains brown sugar. Blondies are made from flour, brown sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, and vanilla, and may also contain walnuts or pecans. SOURCE: Wikipedia
How do you bake a blondie?
A blondie is baked the same way a brownie would be baked except it doesn’t have any cocoa powder.
Simply mix the wet ingredients together such as peanut butter, eggs and butter.
Then add the dry ingredients which are brown sugar, salt, flour and baking powder.
After that, fold in the white chocolate chips and pour into an 8×8 pan to be baked at 350.
- This recipe is made gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend. If you are using gluten free flour, make sure you by a mix with Xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a natural binder in gluten free baking.
- Greased parchment paper is a must when making these brownies. Make sure you line your baking sheet with parchment paper and grease it with butter or oil to keep the blondies from sticking.
- It is VERY important to make sure that the white chocolate peanut butter blondies are fully cooled for at least 45 minutes before lifting them out of the baking pan, cutting and serving. If they are still cooling, they may not have time to bind together and will crumble apart
- Any peanut butter can be used for this recipe. I used an extra chunky peanut butter.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1 stick Butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper and grease with oil or butter
- Melt the butter in microwave or stovetop and whisk in egg, peanut butter and brown sugar. This can be done in a stand mixer as well. Make sure mixture is fully combined.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking powder in 1/2 cup increments until brownie batter until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips
- Spread blondie batter into greased 8X8 pan making sure it is spread out even
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Once you remove blondies from the oven, make sure they cool completely in the pan for at least 45 minutes. If they are still warm once they are removed they may crumble apart as they did not have enough time to set.
- Cut and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 2X2 blondie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.