Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
Learn how to make Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops with the help of your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! Enjoy thick, juicy pork chops that are full of flavor and ready in 15 minutes and can be paired with your favorite side dishes!
Bone-in pork chops are thick cuts that include a rib or round bone in the center of each chop. Boneless pork chops have no bones, as the name implies. Both types can be cooked with an air fryer, and both are delicious!
The benefit of cooking a pork chop with the bone in is that the bone helps to keep the pork chop moist and juicy. And when cooked in an air fryer, you get a nice crispy exterior while the inside stays tender!
🧂Ingredients and Tools
- Thick Bone In Pork Chops – You’ll need pork chops that are 1.5 -2 inches thick for best results. You can find them at your grocery store or butcher.
- Seasonings – These pork chops have no breading, so you’ll need some simple seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and onion powder to add flavor to the pork chops before air frying.
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer will work for this recipe, but I recommend a Ninja Foodi for the best results.
- Tongs – You’ll need tongs to turn the pork chops halfway through cooking.
📖How To Make Bone In Pork Chops In Air Fryer
1️⃣Prepare the air fryer: Preheat your air fryer or Ninja Foodi to 375°F (190°C).
2️⃣Season the pork chops: Pat dry each pork chop with a paper towel. Brush the pork chops on both sides with a thin layer of cooking oil, and season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and onion powder.
3️⃣Air fry pork chops: Place the pork chops in the air fryer or Ninja Foodi without overlapping and cook for 8 minutes. Flip each pork chop and cook an additional 7-8 minutes, or until the thickest part of the pork chop is at least 145°F (63°C).
4️⃣Rest and serve: Remove the pork chops from the air fryer or Ninja Foodi and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
🌿Pork Chop Seasoning Ideas
- Lemon Pepper: Use a mix of freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon zest.
- Herb-Garlic: Use a mix of garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and parsley.
- Cajun Spice Blend: Use a mix of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
- BBQ Seasoned: Use a mix of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar.
- Preheat your air fryer or Ninja Foodi before adding the pork chops to ensure even cooking.
- Use thick-cut pork chops for the best results. Thinly cut pork chops will cook too quickly and end up dry.
- Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check that the thickest part of the pork chop reaches at least 145°F (63°C).
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving for maximum juiciness.
- For a crispier crust, brush the pork chops with additional melted butter or olive oil before seasoning. You can also add breadcrumbs to give the pork chops a crunchy fried texture.
🍖More Air Fryer Pork Recipes
Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- Heat Safe Tongs
- 1.5 pounds bone in pork chops 1.5-2 inches thick
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray or olive oil for brushing
- Preheat the air fryer or Ninja Foodi to 375°F. If using a Ninja Foodi, you may need to select the “Air Fry” function for five minutes.
- Next, combine the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Place the thick pork chops on a cutting board. Brush with a thin layer of oil and season both sides with the spice mixture. Rub the spices into the meat, making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer or Ninja Foodi, making sure they are not touching. Spray with cooking spray and close the lid.
- Air fry for 12-16 minutes, flipping once at the halfway point. If you’re unsure if your thick pork chops are cooked, use a thermometer and check the thickest portion of the meat. The pork chops should reach an internal temperature of 145°F before serving.
- When done, remove from the air fryer using heat-safe tongs. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.