This recipe for instant pot frozen chicken will save you time in the kitchen and can be used for chicken breasts, chicken wings and chicken thighs.
SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR RECIPE
I always say that the best part about owning an instant pot is the SIMPLE things that can be done with it. Sure, soups, stews and chilis are great but making the instant pot basics FAST is really valuable when you’re short on time and need some healthy food.
This instant pot frozen chicken really comes through in a pinch on busy weeknights.
I also recommend using a a broth or stock instead of water for the process because it adds a great flavor and more nutrients.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast:
If your chicken breast is frozen, follow these steps without slicing the chicken into filets.
If your chicken breast is thawed:
Slice your chicken breast lengthwise all the way through.
Add broth or water to your instant pot and layer the chicken breast pieces over broth.
Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
Chicken is ready to be shredded, browned or used in a recipe like these for leftover chicken.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken | from frozen to cooked
- 1 pound Frozen Chicken breast, thighs or wings
- 1 cup [Chicken Broth] or water
- Add 1 cup broth or water to bottom of instant pot.
- Layer chicken into bottom of instant pot.
- Turn the vent to seal.
- Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 12 minutes.
- Manually release pressure or quick release after 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from liquid carefully.
- Shred or season pieces and pan sear or broil for browning effect.
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.