These crispy buffalo chickpeas are a healthy crunchy snack that packs a buffalo spicy kick. They can be roasted in the oven or cooked using your air fryer.
Fun fact: I used to be OBSESSED with chickpeas. To me, they were the ultimate food. I put them on salads, made burgers out of them and I also started roasting them to make crunchy snacks. My love for buffalo anything plus chickpeas of course brought me to these crispy buffalo chickpeas.
Can I make crispy buffalo chickpeas in the air fryer?
You can make crispy buffalo chickpeas in the air fryer by tossing the chickpeas with the seasonings as stated in the recipe below.
Put in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket and cook at 400 for 15 minutes shaking a few times throughout the cooking process.
More Buffalo Recipes:
I used The New Primal HOT buffalo sauce in this recipe. Normally, I would go for a medium or mild (which they have) but I knew that the chickpeas by themselves were sponges for the flavor and by the time it all baked down, the spicy stuff would do the trick.
Check Out: Whole30 Approved Sauces & Marinades
- The New Primal Classic BBQ Sauce
- The New Primal Mustard BBQ
- The New Primal Buffalo Sauce: Mild
- The New Primal Marinade Pack
Crispy Buffalo ChickpeasPrint
These crispy buffalo chickpeas are a healthy crunchy snack that packs a buffalo spicy kick.
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to a bowl
- Toss the chickpeas evenly with melted ghee, garlic powder and cornstarch
- In a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, bake for 45 minutes tossing at the 20 minute mark.
- Place hot chickpeas back into a bowl and toss with buffalo sauce for about 1 minute until the sauce is fully soaked in.
- Return to sheet pan and place in oven for 5 minutes, take out and toss, then bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let chickpeas fully cool before serving.
**Keep checking on your chickpeas as oven strengths may vary
** Use avocado oil for VEGAN recipe
- Category: snacks, side dish
- Method: oven, air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 131
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 5
Keywords: crispy buffalo chickpeas, buffalo chick peas, air fryer chickpeas, chickpea snack
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.