This easy recipe for Thanksgiving Margarita is the perfect drink to have for your Thanksgiving holiday or Fall party. Apple cider is mixed with pumpkin puree and spices, along with lime, tequila, and orange liquor for a holiday cocktail everyone will love.
The fall flavor of this margarita can be served in the morning for brunch, with appetizers or with dinner and dessert!
The pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice truly makes this drink taste like thanksgiving and is unique and special to this margarita.
It’s easy to whip up using simple ingredients along with your favorite tequila.
🍹What You’ll Need
- Apple Cider – This is the sweet base of the drink that gives it a crisp fall flavor.
- Pumpkin Puree – Adding canned pumpkin puree is what truly makes this mimosa unique and tastes just like Thanksgiving.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – This blend of spices is perfect for adding addtional warming flavors to the drink.
- Tequila – You’ll need a sparkling champagne, prosecco, or white sparkling wine to make it fizzy and give it a perfect kick.
- Orange Liquor – Gives this margarita a zesty orange flavor.
- Fresh Lime Juice – Adds acidity and freshness.
- Turbinado Sugar & Salt – This is optional, but makes an excellent presentation when used to rim the glass.
- Fresh Apple Slices, Orange Slices & Lime Wedges – Adds garnish and more fresh apple cinnamon flavor.
📖How To Make Thanksgiving Margaritas
1️⃣ To a large measuring cup, add apple cider, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined and let sit for 5 minutes to make sure the spices are absorbed.
2️⃣ Add lime juice, tequila, and grand mariner and whisk until fully combined.
3️⃣ Rim 2 margarita glasses with turbinado sugar, salt, or a mix of both. Add ice to the glasses.
4️⃣ Evenly distribute the margarita mix into the two glasses by pouring over the ice. Garnish with fresh lime, oranges and apple slices.
🍶How To Make A Thanksgiving Margarita Pitcher
To make a pitcher of Thanksgiving Margaritas, simply multiply the ingredients by 4 EXCEPT the pumpkin pie spice. You can keep that to 1 total tsp. This will make about 4-6 margaritas that are roughly 6 ounces each.
1️⃣ Add apple cider, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree to the pitcher and whisk to combine. Then add tequila, lime juice, and orange liquor and stir.
2️⃣ Do not add ice to the pitcher as that will water down the margaritas. Serve over ice in the individual cups.
Non-Alcoholic Thanksgiving Margarita Mocktail: To make a fall mocktail margarita, simply replace the orange liquor with orange juice and replace the tequila with ginger ale or ginger beer.
Make it spicy: Put a dash of cayenne in the mix or add some freshly sliced jalapenos inside the drink.
Using pear juice: Instead of using apple cider, try using pear juice. You can find pear juice or pear nectar in the international section of your grocery store.
Change up the fall flavors by adding a splash of cranberry juice, orange juice or some fresh sage.
The top smooth and balanced tequila for margaritas are; Villa One Silver Tequila, Don Julio Blanco, Avión Reposado, Espolon, or
Del Maguey Vida Mezcal. We also think Patron is a great middle ground!
Most people drink red or white wine for Thanksgiving, but you can really drink anything you enjoy whether it’s beer, liquor or a Thanksgiving margarita.
A skinny margarita is made without orange liquor and is usually replaced with a small amount of agave and orange juice.
🍹More Thanksgiving Drink Recipes
- Margarita Glasses
- 1 cup Apple Cider
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- ⅛ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Orange Liquor
- ¼ cup Turbinado Sugar To rim glasses
- Apple Slices, Orange Slices
- Lime Wedges
- To a large measuring cup, add apple cider, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined and let sit for 5 minutes to make sure the spices are absorbed.
- Add lime juice, tequila, and grand mariner and whisk until fully combined.
- Rim 2 margarita glasses with turbinado sugar, salt, or a mix of both. Add ice to the glasses.
- Evenly distribute the margarita mix into the two glasses by pouring over the ice. Garnish with fresh lime, oranges and apple slices.