Instant Pot Bacon
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook bacon, try making Instant Pot Bacon! With the saute function, you can have crispy bacon in minutes. This recipe is simple and straightforward, and perfect for breakfast or brunch!
When you think of the instant pot, you think of pressure cooking. The instant pot is a great way to make simple and easy recipes in no time!
But the instant pot also has many other functions that help facilitate cooking or to make your time in the kitchen easier.
For instance, the saute function on the instant pot is meant to brown or sear food. It’s a great way to cook bacon especially if your stove is full or your pans are dirty.
The saute function on the instant pot is simple: just set it to saute, add your bacon, and cook until crisp. Once it’s done, remove it from the pot and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch and can be easily doubled or tripled if you’re feeding a crowd. So the next time you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to cook bacon, try making Insta Pot Bacon!
🥓Ingredients & Tools
- Bacon – The beauty of this method is that you can use any bacon you have on hand including thick cut, turkey bacon, beef bacon, or even Canadian bacon.
- Instant Pot – The Instant Pot is a popular brand of electric cooker. You can use this or any other brand of an electric pressure cooker.
- Tongs – Since the oil will get really hot in the pressure cooker, tongs are needed to flip and toss the bacon so you can stay safe.
- Paper Towels – Add paper towels over a heat-safe plate to ensure all of the excess oil is removed from the bacon before serving.
♨️How To Cook Bacon In The Instant Pot
1️⃣Cut the bacon in half: Because the cooking surface area is smaller, its best to slice your bacon in half so they fit without overlapping.
2️⃣Arrange the bacon: Arrange the half slices in a single layer at the bottom of the pot.
3️⃣Sauté the bacon: Press the SAUTE button on your instant pot. It will take a few minutes to warm up so you can hear the bacon sizzling. Once the bacon starts to cook, flip with tongs every few minutes until bacon is cooked to the desired temperature.
4️⃣Drain and serve: Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess liquid. Serve with your favorite foods!
- This recipe uses a standard 6-quart pressure cooker which will roughly fit 4 slices of bacon cut in half to make 8 pieces. If you have a larger instant pot, you can cook more at once or cook in batches.
- The cooking time will vary depending on how thick your bacon is sliced. For thinner slices, cook for less time, and for thicker slices, cook for more time.
- If you like your bacon extra crispy, cook it for a minute or two longer under the saute function.
- Bacon is always best enjoyed fresh so try to cook only as much as you need.
- The oil left at the bottom of the instant pot will be extremely hot. To dispose of it, carefully pour it into a heat-safe container. Once it has cooled, you can throw it away or use it for a homemade mayonnaise recipe instead of oil.
🌶️More Bacon Recipes
- Air Fryer Thick Cut Bacon
- Instant Pot Collard Greens with Black Eyed Peas & Bacon
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Instant Pot Bacon
- Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker
- Paper Towels
- 4 oz Bacon 4 strips
- Because the cooking surface area is smaller, its best to slice your bacon in half so they fit without overlapping.
- Arrange the half slices in a single layer at the bottom of the pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on your instant pot. It will take a few minutes to warm up so you can hear the bacon sizzling. Once the bacon starts to cook, flip with tongs every few minutes until bacon is cooked to the desired temperature.
- Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess liquid. Serve with your favorite foods!