Air Fryer Turkey Bacon is the best way to cook crispy turkey bacon. Make perfectly cooked and crispy turkey bacon in the air fryer or Ninja Foodi in just 10 minutes or less with fewer mess.
Air fryer turkey bacon is a life saver on those busy weekday mornings. Simply plop a few slices in the air fryer while you do whatever else it is you need to do. In 10 minutes or less, you’ll have scrumptious turkey bacon ready to go.
Cooking turkey bacon in the air fryer makes turkey bacon just as crispy and delicious as regular bacon but with less of the calories and fat. While it doesn’t have quite the same flavor and texture as pork bacon, turkey bacon has its own delicious smokey, salty almost ham like taste.
Once you bake turkey bacon in the air fryer, you’ll never go back to making it on the stove. Enjoy!
Why Make Turkey Bacon In The Air Fryer?
- 10 minutes or less. It’s quicker than frying turkey bacon in a pan or baking it in the oven.
- Space saver. Making turkey bacon in the air fryer frees up space in the oven and on the stove for more food to be cooked.
- Less grease splatter. The air fryer will catch any loose grease making clean up so much easier.
- Perfectly cooked. Air frying turkey bacon cooks it through evenly and makes the crispiest turkey bacon.
🥓 Ingredients & Equipment
Sliced Turkey Bacon – Turkey bacon is either made from ground turkey or from sliced turkey meat. Turkey bacon made from ground meat has a processed flavor and texture while the latter has a ham-like taste and texture. Any of the brands listed below are great for air fryer turkey bacon.
- Oscar Meyer
- Organic Valley
- Shady Brook Farms
Cured or uncured turkey bacon? You can use either. However, uncured turkey bacon is an overall healthier option as it does not contain any sodium nitrates.
- Ninja Foodi (or any air fryer) – Cooking times and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer, so keep an eye on the turkey bacon so it doesn’t burn.
- Tongs – The turkey bacon will be HOT so use tongs!
📖 How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to make crispy turkey bacon in the air fryer.
1️⃣ Preheat air fryer:
Set the air fryer to 375 degrees and let preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
2️⃣ Place turkey bacon in basket:
Carefully place turkey bacon slices in the hot air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving a little bit of room in between between in each slice. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cut some pieces to fit and/or work in batches.
3️⃣ Air fry turkey bacon:
Cook bacon for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping half way through. Start checking for doneness around the 7 to 8 minute mark.
4️⃣ Finish and serve:
With tongs, carefully transfer hot cooked turkey bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to catch any excess grease. Serve hot and enjoy!
⏲ Best Time & Temperature For Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
You’ll most likely have to adjust the cook time depending on the brand of turkey bacon you’re using and it’s size and shape. 375 degrees F is a good temperature to start with. Adjust cook times and temperature to adapt to your air fryer or use the recommendations below:
- Thin Turkey Bacon – 350 F for 7 to 8 minutes
- Regular Turkey Bacon – 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes
- Thick Turkey Bacon – 375 F for 10 to 12 minutes
👩🏻🍳 Chef’s Tips
Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. In order for the turkey bacon to get crispy the slices need to be arranged in a single spaced out layer. Otherwise, the turkey bacon will cook unevenly and be soggy. You’ll most likely need to cut the turkey slices and/or work in batches.
Around the 7 minute mark, start checking the turkey bacon for doneness. Each air fryer cooks a little differently and turkey bacon can burn quickly so keep an eye on it.
Once the turkey bacon is cooked, placing the peices on a paper towel-lined plate helps blot away excess grease. This step is optional as you may find some brands of turkey bacon hardly release any grease at all.
🍽 How to Serve Turkey Bacon
Hot and crispy turkey bacon is a great lower calorie and lower fat alternative to pork bacon in many dishes. Check out the list below for ways to serve and use turkey bacon:
- Serve turkey bacon with classic breakfast foods (eggs, toast, breakfast potatoes, pancakes, waffles, etc.)
- Add chopped turkey bacon to breakfast casseroles
- Use turkey bacon in bacon ranch chicken salad
- Sprinkle crispy turkey bacon bits on loaded baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, loaded french fries, etc.
♻ Storing & Freezing
Storing: Stored properly in an airtight container or wrapped tightly, cooked turkey bacon will last for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
Freezing: Once the turkey bacon is cooked, let it cool completely to room temperature and than freeze flat in a freezer-safe bag for up to 2 months. To prevent the turkey bacon slices from sticking together, separate them with sheets of wax paper.
You can put foil in the bottom of the air fryer basket after it has preheated. The weight of the turkey bacon will keep the foil from blowing around in the air fryer.
Much like regular bacon, turkey bacon is high in saturated fats and sodium. However, turkey bacon has less calories and sodium than pork bacon and is an overall healthier option.
Turkey bacon is done when it is completely warmed through, develops a deep brown color and gets crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound Turkey Bacon
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees and let preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully place turkey bacon slices in the hot air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving a little bit of room in between each slice. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cut some pieces to fit and/or work in batches.
- Cook bacon for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping half way through. Start checking for doneness around the 7 to 8 minute mark.
- With tongs, carefully transfer hot cooked turkey bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to catch any excess grease. Serve hot and enjoy!