This instant pot beanless chili recipe is made with ground beef and sweet potato for a simple hearty meal that can be prepped for the week. Beef and sweet potato chili is paleo, whole30 and gluten free.
TRUTH: I’ve been making beef and sweet potato chili since I was a baby chef! In fact the very first time I made it, it was a vegan version and I made it for Neil Diamond in Hawaii back in 2012.
I realize this sounds like the biggest lie ever but I promise it’s not. But I understand how this works . . . pic or it didnt happen, right?
Eventually when I moved out of rock star catering a few different things happened: I started my own personal chef business, the instant pot was now a “thing” and I became a Whole30 approved partner. THIS was the perfect storm to start making a new version of my beloved chili once again.
Why you need to make this Instant Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Chili:
- You can make a pot of chili in under 45 minutes that tastes like it was cooked for hours!
- You’re able to customize the seasonings to make it as mild or as spicy as you’d like.
- You can use: ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, or even make a ground bison chili.
- I promise sweet potato gives the beef and spicy flavor a major compliment, but you can use regular potatoes too!
NOTE: this recipe is written as Whole30 compliant chili. If you make any changes and are on a round of whole30, check your ingredients!
How To Make Instant Pot No Bean Chili:
Add a drizzle of oil to your instant pot and saute peppers, onions, ground beef and seasonings until vegetables begin to soften and meat starts browning, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in diced sweet potatoes, a can of rotel, and a can of crushed tomatoes.
Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 20 minutes and do a quick release once finished.
Garnish with avocado and cilantro.
Also Check Out:
Instant Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Medium White Onion, diced
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, diced
- 1 10oz Can Rotel
- 15 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Add 2 tsp avocado oil to instant pot and turn to SAUTE mode.
- Add in diced bell pepper and onion along with ground beef and chili seasonings.
- Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and meat begins to brown.
- Add in diced sweet potatoes, rotel and crushed tomatoes and stir until all combined.
- Cover instant pot with lid and cook on manual HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. Use a quick release when finished cooking.
- Portion into bowls and serve with hot with garnish.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1-1/5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360