This instant pot beanless chili recipe is made with ground beef and sweet potato for a simple hearty meal that can be prepped for the week. Beef and sweet potato chili is paleo, whole30 and gluten free. A great addition to your Whole30 ground beef instant pot recipes!
TRUTH: I’ve been making beef and sweet potato chili since I was a baby chef! In fact the very first time I made it, it was a vegan version and I made it for Neil Diamond in Hawaii back in 2012.
I realize this sounds like the biggest lie ever but I promise it’s not. But I understand how this works . . . pic or it didnt happen, right?
Eventually when I moved out of rock star catering a few different things happened: I started my own personal chef business, the instant pot was now a “thing” and I became a Whole30 approved partner. THIS was the perfect storm to start making a new version of my beloved chili once again.
💗 Why You’ll Love this Paleo & Whole30 Chili
You can make a pot of chili in under 45 minutes that tastes like it was cooked for hours!
You’re able to customize the seasonings to make it as mild or as spicy as you’d like.
You can use: ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, or even make a ground bison chili.
I promise sweet potato gives the beef and spicy flavor a major compliment, but you can use regular potatoes too!
NOTE: this recipe is written as Whole30 compliant chili. If you make any changes and are on a round of whole30, check your ingredients!
🥘 Ingredients For Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
- Ground Beef: Ground beef is a staple in Paleo and Whole30 dinners. You could also use ground turkey, bison, chicken or venison.
- Green Bell Pepper & Onion: I love the flavor and color contrast of green bell peppers but feel free to use whatever color you’d like.
- Sweet Potatoes: Adds a hearty hint of sweetness to this Whole30 chili that contrasts the spiciness.
- Rotel: A can of diced tomatoes mixed with green chilies.
- Crushed Tomatoes: Gives the chili a hearty tomato base.
- Homemade Chili Seasoning: See below for the spice mix recipe.
🧂Homemade Chili Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
📖 How To Make Instant Pot Beef And Sweet Potato Chili
1️⃣ Add 2 tsp avocado oil to instant pot and turn to SAUTE mode.
2️⃣ Add in diced bell pepper and onion along with ground beef and chili seasonings.
3️⃣ Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and meat begins to brown.
4️⃣ Add in diced sweet potatoes, rotel and crushed tomatoes and stir until all combined.
5️⃣ Cover instant pot with lid and cook on manual HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. Use a quick release when finished cooking. Portion into bowls and serve with hot with garnish.
🍎 More Whole30 Dinner Recipes
- African Beef Stew
- Keto Hamburger Soup
- Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Egg Roll In A Bowl with Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
Instant Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Chili (whole30, paleo)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Medium White Onion diced
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes diced
- 1 10 oz Can Rotel
- 15 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tsp [Avocado Oil]
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin
- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp [Smoked Paprika]
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Add 2 tsp avocado oil to instant pot and turn to SAUTE mode.
- Add in diced bell pepper and onion along with ground beef and chili seasonings.
- Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and meat begins to brown.
- Add in diced sweet potatoes, rotel and crushed tomatoes and stir until all combined.
- Cover instant pot with lid and cook on manual HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. Use a quick release when finished cooking.
- Portion into bowls and serve with hot with garnish.