This easy recipe for Whole30 Sonoma Chicken Salad is the best way to enjoy a cold lunch that is flavorful and healthy. It uses simple ingredients like mayo, chicken and grapes and is a perfect copycat recipe to the popular Whole Foods, Perkins or Costco chicken salad. Scoop it up and eat it on a bed of greens, on a sandwich with avocado or use it as a dip for your favorite crackers.
Sonoma Chicken Salad is a sweet and savory cold chicken salad that contains chicken, celery, onion, mayo, nuts and grapes for sweetness. Makes a great option for sandwiches or to top greens with for salad. This recipe was made popular at a restaurant in Sonoma but is more recently a popular option to buy at Whole Foods Market.
This recipe can be found in the Whole30 Friends & Family Cookbook.
- It’s a great cold food option for lunch, dinner or a snack.
- You can serve it many different ways.
- It’s a Whole Foods copycat recipe made with clean ingredients.
- Great for meal prep on Whole30
- You can can remove the grapes for an easy keto chicken salad.
- It can be made with store bought rotisserie chicken.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cooked Shredded Chicken: You’ll need shredded chicken for this recipe. You can buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat or you can make this all purpose shredded chicken in the crockpot, instant pot or stovetop.
- Mayonnaise: This give the chicken salad a creamy texture, you can buy your own Whole30 compliant may or you can make your own One Minute Mayo using simple clean ingredients.
- Chopped Pecans: Gives a nutty crunch.
- Diced Celery and Onion: This gives the salad flavor and a crunchy texture.
- Red Seedless Grapes: Adds a hint of sweetness that pairs well with the savory chicken flavors.
- Fresh Parsley: Adds a pop of freshness.
- Celery Seed: Give the chicken salad a deeper flavor that compliments classic chicken salad.
- Garlic Powder: A perfect pairing flavor with the celery and onion.
How To Make Homemade Sonoma Chicken Salad
- Add all ingredients except grapes into a large bowl and fold together until fully combined.
- Toss in grapes and fold again.
- Garnish with extra parsley and serve cold.
Whole Foods Sonoma Chicken Salad
Sonoma chicken salad is a popular recipe from Whole Foods Market that you can buy premade in the store. This copycat my version to fit a Whole30 reset. It does not contain honey, apple cider vinegar or poppy seeds like the traditional recipe.
What Should I Serve With Chicken Salad?
- Serve over a bed of greens.
- Scoop into lettuce wraps.
- Add to a sandwich with fresh sliced avocado.
- Dip with these Old Bay Paleo Crackers.
- What’s the best store bought chicken salad? People love the chicken salad from Costco, Trader Joe’s wine country chicken salad, Publix classic chicken salad and Archer farms rosemary chicken salad.
- Does Costco sell chicken salad? Yes! In recent years they have taken the rotisserie chicken and made it into a creamy chicken salad you can purchase. You can also purchase their shredded rotisserie chicken but I recommend buying the whole chicken so you can make Rotisserie Chicken Bone Broth.
- How do you fix too much mayo in chicken salad? If you added too much mayo to your chicken salad, your best bet is to add more celery or chicken to thin it out.
- Can I use greek yogurt instead of mayo? Yes! lots of people love using greek yogurt as a replacement for mayonnaise.
- What do I do if my chicken salad is too salty? Try adding more chicken or celery. You could also add more grapes to counteract the salty with sweet.
Easy Whole30 Chicken Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- 4 cups Shredded Chicken, cooked
- 1.5 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 stalks Celery, small dice
- 1/4 Red Onion, small dice
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 cups Red Seedless Grapes, halved
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except grapes into a large bowl and stir until fully combined
- Toss in grapes
- Garnish with extra parsley
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 25g
It is the reader's responsibility to determine the value and quality of any recipe or instructions provided for food preparation and to determine the nutritional value, if any, and safety of the preparation instructions.