These Prosciutto Egg Cups are a simple low carb high protein snack or breakfast that can be made in a pinch with only 2 ingredients.
Over the last few years, I’ve grown to really love Prosciutto. Previously, I only had it at fancy places where cheese boards showed up so I always thought it was one of those special occasion foods. While prosciutto is very special, it is used commonly in so many other ways.
These prosciutto egg cups are my PERFECT kind of food. Not only do they fit the style of food I eat, but they use only 2 ingredients and I can whip a bunch of them up at once. Since prosciutto is so thin, It doesn’t get as rubbery as bacon would in the same situation being baked with something wet.
I eat these for breakfast, lunch dinner and for snacks. This is the reason I ALWAYS pick up a pound of prosciutto at whatever wholesale club I’m shopping at.
- Meal Prep Grocery List | Wholesale Club Shopping
- How I Meal Prep | Using the Whiteboard Method
- Prosciutto and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Prosciutto Egg Cups
- 12 Eggs
- 12 Slices Prosciutto
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with avocado oil.
- Fill each muffin cup with prosciutto, making sure to have every surface covered of the cup.
- Crack 1 egg into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until yolk is cooked to desired consistency.
- Season with black pepper, salt or Everything Bagel Seasoning
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.