Slow Cooker Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Inspired by the viral video sensation, this Slow Cooker Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is creamy, garlicky, cheesy, and impossible to resist. It comes together with five low-carb ingredients, including garlic parmesan wing sauce and your choice of keto “pasta.”
If you’ve yet to cross paths with the Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken pasta concoction trending on Tik Tok, let me break it down. Chicken breasts are cooked in the Instant Pot with a whole bottle of Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic Sauce, milk, cream cheese, and parmesan -and frankly, that sounds like a semi-homemade recipe lover’s dream come true.
No pressure cooker? No worries! These step-by-step instructions will show you how to make this iconic meal in your slow cooker. The results are melt-in-your-mouth bites of chicken slathered in an extra creamy, extra Parmesan-y, and extra garlicky sauce to serve with your choice of low-carb pasta. YUM!
Speaking of low-carb pasta, this recipe is suitable for anyone following a Keto meal plan. Simply swap regular pasta with keto-friendly substitutes like shirataki noodles, spaghetti squash, or zoodles.
So are you ready to fix it, forget it, and return to a pot of juicy chicken drenched in an EPIC alfredo-esque garlic cream sauce? I know I am.
❤ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a keto -fied version of the famous Crockpot garlic parmesan chicken.
- There are only five ingredients, including store-bought parmesan garlic sauce.
- This is the type of meal guaranteed to become a family favorite!
🍝 Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken breast – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces are best, but if you have chicken thighs, that works too. Make sure to trim the excess fat.
- Garlic parmesan sauce – You don’t necessarily have to use a bottle of BWW Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce. You can make it with other brands. The New Primal, Good & Gather, Great Value, and Sweet Baby Rays are good options.
- Milk – Thins the sauce into a creamy pasta sauce.
- Cream cheese – For the best results, use full-fat real cream cheese. It adds rich flavor and another creamy element to the dish.
- Parmesan – For serving. It’s best freshly grated from a block of parm.
- Keto “pasta” – You can use miracle (shirataki) noodles, spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, or your go-to low carb pasta.
🥣 How To Make Keto Garlic Parmesan Pasta In The Crock Pot
1️⃣ Prepare chicken for the slow cooker. Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Trim the excess fat and dice into one-inch pieces.
2️⃣ Build sauce in the slow cooker. Add an entire 12-ounce bottle of garlic parmesan sauce to the Crockpot. Then fill the bottle with milk, and shake it vigorously to loosen the sauce stuck on the side of the inside of the container. Add the mixture to the Crockpot, and whisk to combine.
3️⃣ Add chicken and cream cheese. Next, add the diced chicken pieces, and toss to coat in the sauce. Finally, cube the cream cheese and place the cubes on top of the chicken and sauce without mixing.
4️⃣ Cook, stir and serve. Place the lid on the Crockpot and slow cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours (or until the chicken reaches 165°F). Then, gently stir the pats of cream cheese into the chicken and sauce mixture. Top with grated parmesan cheese, and serve on a bed of your favorite low-carb or keto pasta alternative. Enjoy!
👩🏻🍳 Recipe Tips
- Cook the chicken breasts whole instead of dicing them first. If you do this, I recommend searing the chicken in a hot pan first, then cooking low and slow until the meat effortlessly shreds apart.
- Always add at least a tablespoon of salt to your pasta water (even when making low-carb noodles).
- Low-carb noodles may not hold up to the thick, heavy sauce, so I don’t advise tossing your pasta directly in the sauce. Instead, serve the two separately.
- The garlic parmesan cream sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Add a splash of milk to thin it back out if you need to.
This basic recipe leaves plenty of room for customization. The add-ins listed below pair perfectly with the garlicky cream sauce.
- Vegetables – Add diced onion, bell peppers, and/or mushrooms to the Crockpot when you add the chicken.
- Leafy greens – Add a couple of handfuls of chopped kale or spinach at the end, and stir until the greens begin to wilt.
- Fresh herbs – Top with fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil before serving.
- Bacon – Mix in cooked, chopped bacon before serving.
- Give it a spicy kick – Turn up the heat with hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or a pinch of cayenne.
♻ Storing & Freezing
Storing: Let cool, then transfer leftovers to a shallow air-tight container and keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Freezing: This recipe has a hefty amount of cream, so I don’t advise storing leftovers in the freezer.
I’ve only made this recipe with whole milk, but I imagine using heavy cream instead would produce a much thicker sauce.
It’s not unusual to find multiple BWW sauce flavors on grocery store shelves. If your local major name supermarket doesn’t carry it, you can always order it online or use a different brand.
🥗 More Keto Recipes
- Keto Buffalo Popcorn Chicken
- Keto Taco Pie
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- Keto Cheeseburger Pie
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Keto Shepherds Pie
Slow Cooker Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- slow cooker
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces garlic parmesan wing sauce
- 12 ounces milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 12 cups keto pasta alternative cooked (2 cups pasta per serving)
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Trim the excess fat and dice into one-inch pieces.
- Add the full 12-ounce bottle of garlic parmesan sauce to the Crockpot. Then fill the bottle with milk, and shake to loosen any sauce stuck inside the bottle. Pour the mixture into the Crockpot, and whisk to combine.
- Next, add the diced chicken pieces, and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Cube the cream cheese and place the cubes on top of the chicken and sauce without mixing.
- Place the lid on the Crockpot and slow cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours (or until the chicken reaches 165°F).
- Then, gently stir the cream cheese into the chicken and sauce mixture until fully combined.
- Top with grated or shredded parmesan cheese, and serve on a bed of your favorite low-carb or keto pasta alternative.