Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fries
Crispy chicken fries are a fun and easy way to enjoy chicken! These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fries are perfect for a quick snack or a light meal and can be made in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi in just 15 minutes or less!
Chicken fries are breaded chicken that has been cut into fry shapes. They are usually sold frozen and can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store. These fun shapes are enjoyed by both kids and adults and are perfect when you need a quick snack or to serve as the main course with your favorite dipping sauces!
🤔Why is the air fryer the best way to cook frozen chicken fries?
The air fryer cooks chicken fries evenly and quickly, resulting in crispy chicken on the outside and tender on the inside. And, there is no need to defrost the chicken before cooking!
They also cook in less time than they would in the oven which means no heating up the house and less electricity used!
🍗What You’ll Need
Frozen Chicken Fries – You can find these in the frozen section of your grocery store near the chicken nuggets and fries. Popular brands include Perdue, Tyson, and Banquet.
Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer will work for this recipe no matter the brand. We have been using our Ninja Foodi for years because its highly versatile and is of great quality!
🔥How To Make Frozen Chicken Fries In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn your air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Place in air fryer basket: With tongs, add the frozen chicken fries to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
3️⃣Flip halfway: At the halfway point, use tongs to flip or shake the basket depending on what type of air fryer you have. Let them cook for the remaining 7-8 minutes or until they’re warmed through on the inside and crispy on the outside.
4️⃣Remove and serve: Once they’re cooked to your liking, remove with tongs and serve while hot with your favorite dipping sauces. Enjoy!
👩🏻🍳Tips For Cooking Frozen Chicken Fries
- Let the air fryer preheat. This will help to cook the chicken fries evenly and prevent them from sticking to the basket.
- Do not overcrowd. Be sure to cook in batches if you need to or use a larger air fryer. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from steaming instead of frying.
- If they’re not crispy enough, cook them for a few minutes longer. Keep an eye on them so they don’t overcook and become dry.
- Serve immediately. Chicken fries are best when served hot and fresh out of the air fryer!
- Every air fryer is different. The cooking time and temperature will vary based on your individual air fryer and the size of your chicken fries. Start with 400F for 15 minutes and adjust at the halfway point if necessary.
🍝Dipping Sauces For Chicken Fries
Chicken fries are for dipping! Use these sauce ideas to add flavor to your crunchy and tasty chicken fries.
🍟More Air Fryer Fry Recipes
- Air Fryer Yuca Fries
- Air Fryer Polenta Fries
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Curly Fries
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fries
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 28 oz Chicken Fries frozen
- Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen chicken fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 8 minute mark, flip or toss the chicken fries using tongs to evenly cook.
- Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the chicken fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
- Remove the cooked chicken fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.