These air fryer Brussels sprouts are a perfect way to get a healthy dose of greens on the table fast. Simply toss Brussels sprouts with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and air fry until crispy.
When I get home from cooking for others, the name of my game is SIMPLE HEALTHY FOOD. This is why I love my air fryer so damn much. I am able to get healthy vegetable sides on the table in under 20 minutes and that includes potatoes.
I’ve always loved a crispy Brussels sprout but having to heat up the entire oven and cook for a long time, then broil them always made me shy away from it’s nutritional deliciousness.
This simple ecipe for air fryer brussels sprouts gives you some time back AND it saves you money by not having to fire up your oven, especially in the summer months.
With this method they become the best brussels sprouts that are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
How to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts:
- Using one pound of whole raw Brussels sprouts, cut off the rough stem edge on each and half each sprout.
- Add stemmed and halved Brussels sprouts to a bowl and drizzle with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together so that oil and seasonings are evenly coated.
- Add to air fryer basket and cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes making sure to toss every 5-8 minutes.
Can you cook frozen brussels sprouts in the air fryer?
Yes! However, it takes a little bit more time and they certainly do not come out as crispy as using raw Brussels sprouts. See recipe instructions below:
Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Thaw whole frozen brussels sprouts for 2-3 minutes in the microwave.
- Chop each whole brussels sprout in half.
- Cook frozen brussels sprouts at 375 in air fryer for about 10 minutes as the moisture begins to evaporate.
- After they have cooked for 10 minutes, spray with avocado, coconut or olive oil and toss together in the basket.
- Continue cooking for another 8-10 minutes at 375 until the edges start to become crispy.
- Cook a few minutes longer depending on desired crispy level.
- Add cooked Brussels sprouts to a bowl and toss with desired seasonings before serving.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Tips and Tricks:
You do not put oil in the air fryer to cook Brussels sprouts. Coating the actual vegetable with oil will cook them well.
There is no need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
I tend to like my brussels sprouts tender on the inside and extra crispy on the outside. This requires about 5 more minutes of cooking at 400 degrees depending on your air fryer.
Do not over-crowd air fryer basket as the Brussels sprouts will begin to steam rather than crisp! One pound of halved Brussels sprouts is a good amount for most Air Fryer basket sizes.
What can you flavor Brussels Sprouts with?
- Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon & Garlic
- BBQ Sauce
- Sesame Soy Glaze
- Cajun Seasoning
Also Check Out:
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Whole Raw Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tbsp [Avocado] Coconut or Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the stems of each Brussels sprout and cut each in half lengthwise.
- Add halved Brussels sprouts to a bowl and drizzle on avocado oil.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss together completely to make sure each Brussels sprout is evenly coated.
- Add to air fryer basket making sure not to over-crowd.
- Cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes making sure to toss Brussels sprouts every 5-8 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Serve hot.
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.