Blog Income Report November 2020: Find out how I made $8808.85 through my blog with various strategies.
Well, it's official! November 2020 has been my highest earning month in the history of this blog. I am SO SO grateful that I've created something that brought in a significant income during a time when things are so uncertain in this world. I do want to mention that this did not happen by accident either. I want to pat myself on the back for working really HARD to get here even though there are many times I felt like giving up. Blogging can be a very volatile job but when it pays off it's a source of joy.
- Check out: Blog Income Report | February & March 2018 | $18.34
- Check out: Blog Income Report | April 2018 | $203.17
- Check out: Blog Income Report | May 2018 | $50.93
- Check out: Blog Income Report | June 2018 | $213.50
- Check out: Blog Income Report | July 2018 | $213.50
- Check out: Blog Income Report | August 2018 | $174.52
- Check out: Blog Income Report | September 2018 | $177.52
- Check out: Blog Income Report | October 2018 | $563.78
- Check out: Blog Income Report | November 2018 | $345.42
- Check out: Blog Income Report | December 2018 | $919.76
- Check out: Blog Income Report | January 2019 | $1334.94
- Check out: Blog Income Report | February 2019 | $1156.02
- Check out: Blog Income Report | March 2019 | $1120.24
- Check out: Blog Income Report | April 2019 | $1231.17
- Check out: Blog Income Report | May 2019 | $1465.15
- Check out: Blog Income Report | June 2019 | $1898.35
- Check out: Blog Income Report | July 2019 | $1754.04
- Check out: Blog Income Report | August 2019 | $1729.33
- Check out: Blog Income Report | September 2019 | $1626.35
- Check out: Blog Income Report | October 2019 | $1880.46
- Check out: Blog Income Report | November 2019 | $5064.21
- Check out: Blog Income Report | December 2019 | $2583.00
- Check out: Blog Income Report |January 2020 |$2008.63
- Check out: Blog Income Report |February 2020 |$1411.15
- Check out: Blog Income Report |March 2020 |$1415.15
- Check out: Blog Income Report |April 2020 |$1574.94
- Check out: Blog Income Report |May 2020 |$1480.54
- Check out: Blog Income Report |June 2020 |$1867.65
- Check out: Blog Income Report |July 2020 |$1926.55
- Check out: Blog Income Report |August 2020 |$2194.20
- Check out: Blog Income Report |September 2020 |$2194.20
- Check out: Blog Income Report |October 2020 |$4272.91
Blog Income Report November 2020
Here are some noteworthy things that happened in November:
- I worked more this month than any month this entire year: FINALLY, after nearly 2 years the blog has my undivided attention . . . at least for now. This month we got into a rhythm with house projects and childcare and I was finally able to really set goals and plans and actually achieve them. What I've realized is that the work truly is never done. Even though I have 2 solid days of childcare each week, I also worked during nap times and in the wee hours of the morning to get my goals accomplished. This resulted in me working about 30-35 hours a week which is almost full time! I actually became a little obsessed with work this month and the lines of home life and work became a bit blurred which is something I noticed and would like to work on in the future.
- Sponsored Posts: Sponsored posts made up over $1000 of my income this month which is very rare for me. Previously I haven't really been a sponsored post type person but this year I decided to take opportunities to flex the muscle a bit and I honestly don't regret it! It feels really nice to have a brand reach out who thinks my content is good enough to pay me and it doesn't seem to bother the people that read or follow so why not? The downside is that there is a lot of work that goes into it including reporting and extra writing and communication. I've learned that some are worth the work and some just really aren't.
- Failed Studio: When we first moved into our new (albeit old) house I was SO EXCITED about the sun room being PERFECT for photography. After 3 months of trying every single window, time and position I realized that the studio is just not the right place to shoot and it will never be the room I imagined. There is very little natural light in my house but I did manage to find one small spot that works for now and I just need to deal with it. I also purchased 2 soft boxes so I can start tinkering with artificial light which may be a good option for me, but for right now I just need to keep experimenting to find what works even though it literally keeps me up at night.
- SEO Audit: As I've said in the past, I have become obsessed with SEO and keyword research. It's a curse and a blessing because on one hand I get to see my hard work pay off but on the other I get to see my hard work outranked by a blogger who did it much worse than me but because they have more authority I get knocked down. Since one of my goals is to start a ghostwriting business for food bloggers, I thought it would be a good idea to invest in an audit for my blog to make sure I am hearing from a professional what I can change and implement rather than the various sources of contradicting advice. I hired #jeff who I highly respect and my audit is set to be completed in a couple months. I am excited and nervous about what he finds and how much work it's going to take to fix but I need to be in the best possible position for 2022.
- Still Terrified of Losing Cookies: I mentioned this in my last report, but my fear of what is going to happen to the blog in 2022 when Google removes 3rd party cookies is still also keeping me up at night. To refresh, as a test once they were taken away small publishers lost an average of 64% of their ad income which is AWFUL. Everyone is working hard to find solutions to this but it's clear to all that we're going to take a hit come 2022. My goal is to have my highest earning year ever in 2021 so that I can buffer the change with savings. I am also trying to pick up more ghostwriting work on the side to help build my skills and income. It would be great if I could double my traffic by then so it at least stays the same but I also have to be realistic.
- One Post Wonder: Once again, my success of ad income this year was brought upon by ONE post. As great as this is, it can all be taken away if get outranked. Seeing the success made me realize how the other half lives. I could only imagine if I had just a handful of posts over the year that did that well. I'm hoping that 2021 will be the year of more hit songs.
- Plans for 2021: In a nutshell my plan is to make 2 new recipes each week, update old content, increase my photography skills, post more on social and launch a ghostwriting business for food bloggers in the summer. This is a LOT of work to take on so I also recognize that I am a mom and wife and that comes first. The beauty of this job is that I can shift things around to suit my personal life and for that I am very grateful.
Blog Income Report November| Metrics
Food/Recipe posts that were created in November: 11
Affiliate Income: $416.85
Ad Network Income: $7267
Sponsored Work: $1125
Hours spent working on the blog: 30 Hours Per Week
Blog Income Report November 2020 Total: $8808.85
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.
Check out my Podcast: Food Conversations
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Instagram
Join my community on Facebook
See what I'm pinning on Pinterest