This thanksgiving punch recipe has all the flavors of fall. With a few simple easy ingredients, you can make a delicious fall punch cocktail or mocktail that will be a crowd pleaser for kids and adults. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic instructions included.
As a chef, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. A lot of times we focus on the food but we also need a nice easy fall punch recipe to sip from while everyone lingers. This Thanksgiving punch is perfect for a crowd and kid friendly.
We all love the warming flavors of cider and cinnamon so I decided to enhance it with some fruits like apples and oranges and also use some frozen cranberries to round out the deal. I add a dash of pumpkin spice and some cinnamon sticks to REALLY kick in that fall flavor.
Adding ginger ale to this recipe gives it a great fizzy kick. I use Zevia ginger ale for this recipe. Zevia is a soda that is made with the natural sweetener Stevia that has been popularized over the years.
I like using this because the cider is already super sweet on it’s own with natural sugars so having more actual sugar from ginger ale wasn’t something I felt was needed in this recipe.
🍹What You’ll Need to Make Thanksgiving Punch
- Apple Cider: This makes up the bulk of the punch and screams fall and Autumn. Purchase your favorite apple cider while apples are in season!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Whisking this flavor into apple cider brings this punch to a new level by adding the perfect amount of spice and warming flavors. Check out my favorite Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Sliced Green and Red Apples: Slice these up to add some fresh apple flavor and to help garnish the punch.
- Sliced Orange: Oranges add a fresh citrus flavor that compliments this fall punch recipe perfectly.
- Ginger Ale: If you would like to make a non-alcoholic Thanksgiving drink, add in your favorite ginger ale or ginger beer. This makes it the best kid friendly drink for Thanksgiving.
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries: Cranberries add a pop of color to this punch. You can use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Champagne: If you’d like to make this an easy alcoholic Thanksgiving cocktail for adults, add in some champagne. You could also add a shot of your favorite vodka or whisky for a stronger punch.
🍽️ What to Serve with Thanksgiving Punch
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Air Fryer Sausage Balls
- Sous Vide Sweet Potatoes
Check Out: FREE Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup | Mostly Paleo + Whole30
👉 Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to buy apple cider that doesn’t have any added sugar in it. The juice itself is sweet enough!
- Feel free to add other fruits to the mix like pears or plums.
- The ginger flavor totally makes this punch but feel free to use regular ginger ale or even ginger beer.
- To make this punch a cocktail, use your favorite champagne or sparkling wine.
- This punch is best after sitting in the fridge for about 2-3 hours before serving. This gives enough time for all the flavors to marry together.
- Make sure you whisk in the pumpkin pie spice with a small amount of cider first. This will make sure the spice separates so that nobody gets a big clump of pumpkin pie spice in their drink.
- Kids love the non-alcoholic versions just as much as the adults. You can keep this a mocktail for the kids or non-drinking adults and have a bottle of champagne sitting on ice so that your guests can make their cocktails whatever strength they’d like.
- My husbands pro tip: add a shot or 2 of Jack Daniels Honey Whisky to your glass.
Looking For Another Great Mocktail?
Thanksgiving Punch Recipe
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 48 oz Ginger Ale I used 4 cans of Zevia Ginger Ale
- 1 Red Apple sliced thin
- 1 Green Apple sliced thin
- 1 Navel Orange sliced thin
- 1 cup Frozen Cranberries
- 1 tbsp [Pumpkin Pie Spice]
- Replace Ginger Ale with one bottle of your favorite champagne.
- Feel free to add your desired amount of Vodka or Whisky for a stronger punch
- In a 2 gallon drink jar, add 2 cups apple cider.
- Whisk in pumpkin pie spice until any clumps are gone, then add the rest of the apple cider.
- Add in your ginger ale or champagne.
- Add apples, oranges, and cranberries to the jar and stir gently.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving cold in garnished glasses.
- Will keep for 3-4 days in fridge in airtight container.